• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    I've been really wanting a reach-out-and-touch-some(thing) rifle, but if it's pretty (like this one), it's pricey. I caught a history channel episode on sniper rifles, and there was nothing but praise for Lapua rounds. That episode sold me. Congratulations.

balext

Jan 15, 2011
    Kensington MD
    Your going to love it. I got one about 6 months ago and pardon the pun but they are a blast. It is really accurate as far as I have seen out to 400 yards. I have not been able to find someplace with a larger range.

ifindppl

Sep 13, 2012
    Montgomery County
    Very nice looking rifle. I have read good things about Savage rifles. Love to hear how you did at the range with it. I recently picked up a Mk II 22lr to give my son for his 14th birthday - Nikon scope on order.

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    So I took the savage to MG today and man what a good time. The only issue today was the shooter(me) sucked. I couldn't put together any good groups. Was shooting 1 1/2moa@100 with the 338. Thought maybe it was the gun but I was worse with my 308 and I never shoot higher then 1moa@100 but today just couldn't shoot well. The recoil isn't bad it's hard to describe but more then my 308 but not as sharp. Muzzle break works great. Ammo was cheap match ammo if 4 bucks a round is cheap. Always put 2 rounds touching then would get a flyer. Again I think it was me not the rifle. I'll be going back next week to see if I can do better.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    So I took the savage to MG today and man what a good time. The only issue today was the shooter(me) sucked. I couldn't put together any good groups. Was shooting 1 1/2moa@100 with the 338. Thought maybe it was the gun but I was worse with my 308 and I never shoot higher then 1moa@100 but today just couldn't shoot well. The recoil isn't bad it's hard to describe but more then my 308 but not as sharp. Muzzle break works great. Ammo was cheap match ammo if 4 bucks a round is cheap. Always put 2 rounds touching then would get a flyer. Again I think it was me not the rifle. I'll be going back next week to see if I can do better.

Thats really not that bad, most of these 338 gusn really cant shine at 100 yards. Any updates from the 300 yard range?

balext

Jan 15, 2011
    Kensington MD
    100 yards is not a good test for it. Try to get to 300 yards or so and you will know how awesome it truly is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom