• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Way cool...... about how would you rate the noise level of that suppressor compared to a bone stock 22/45?

My 22Sparrow is about the same. It sounds quieter to my ear than my Crossman BB gun if I pump it 5-10 times.

Pretty quiet and I use CCI standard velocity ammo. Very cheap and cycles great.

The thing I like about the Sparrow is it is rated for .22, 17WMR, 5.7x28 and one other caliber I cannot remember off the top of my head. And full auto rated.

Also very easy to clean and take apart as the inside mono-core is protected by two half shells and don't touch the outer tube so breaking it down is really easy.

Fun to shoot.

Dave

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    My 22Sparrow is about the same. It sounds quieter to my ear than my Crossman BB gun if I pump it 5-10 times.

Pretty quiet and I use CCI standard velocity ammo. Very cheap and cycles great.

The thing I like about the Sparrow is it is rated for .22, 17WMR, 5.7x28 and one other caliber I cannot remember off the top of my head. And full auto rated.

Dave

Mine is very quiet on my rifle with subsonic, but my 22/45 seems to be louder with standard velocity.

I didn't know its rated for 5.7 x 28MM?

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Mine is very quiet on my rifle with subsonic, but my 22/45 seems to be louder with standard velocity.

I didn't know its rated for 5.7 x 28MM?

If you have the new SS model of the 22Sparrow it is suppose to work with 5.7

Double check with Silencerco. I always double check.

Dave

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    I have a Crosman 2240 pellet gun and it is a lot louder than my .22LR with the Spectre and subsonic ammo. The .22LR with the suppressor is very quiet.

Cool, what about with cheap standard LR ammo...... cut noise in half more or less? Maybe about like a 22 rifle and no problems cycling the action?

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Cool, what about with cheap standard LR ammo...... cut noise in half more or less? Maybe about like a 22 rifle and no problems cycling the action?

I've put Federal Walmart bulk through it and it cycled fine (at least for the ~200 rounds I put through it.)

It also cycled CCI Segmented Subsonic and SK Match ammo just fine. So far, I'm really surprised at how reliable it is.

I haven't shot any of the fast stuff through it yet, so I don't know how loud it will be. In my experience, I've always found that the hyper-velocity stuff to be pretty inaccurate (YMMV.) If I need quiet for anything bigger than a squirrel, I have a 300 Blackout (which, with an AAC 762SD, also sounds like a quiet pellet gun. :) )

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    UPDATE

New grip bushings, new grip screws, and some brass washers from Lowe's, and the grips are rock solid.

22-45_right.jpg

22-45_left.jpg

It doesn't look like it in the photos, but the grips are flush with the bottom of the gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom