• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Ruger 22/45 (lightly used) from 2A (Thanks, Mark)
    Burris Fastfire III (really nice, BTW)
    Pewter Pimp Grips
    SWR Spectre

I think I'm going to put a Volquartsen trigger group in it.

Ruger22-45pewtergrips.jpg

ntobias

Sep 29, 2012
    Thats alot of money to put into a .22 but it looks awesome, id definitely love to shoot that.

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Thats alot of money to put into a .22 but it looks awesome, id definitely love to shoot that.

Pfffff...that's nothing. When it comes to optics (regardless of caliber), buy once cry once.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Pfffff...that's nothing. When it comes to optics (regardless of caliber), buy once cry once.

For a .22, this Burris Fastfire III should be fine.

My bigger complaint is with the grips; I think the metal is too soft. I took the gun to the range Saturday; the grips kept coming loose, so I tightened them. In actuality, the holes are actually too big and the metal is too soft, so the screw is just starting to pass through the grips. :mad54: Pretty sad for a $90 set of grips. I really like the way they look, so I'm going to try to salvage them with either oversized grip screws or maybe a small washer. If that doesn't work, they're going back.

Replace them with something like this

_DSCN5880a.JPG.jpeg

or this

YellowEye800.jpg

As an aside, I was surprised at how accurate this little pistol is. I was shooting 2" groups at 25 yards (not a typo) with SK Match ammo off the bench; not bad at all for a 4 1/2" barrel and 1X optic.)

Last edited:

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Dude that looks awesome.

I had a TRS-25 on mine for a while but then I took it off cause I missed shooting irons. I've
    been looking hard at that FF3 for my 10/22 but I thini ill put my TRS25 on there for now.

That is a slick setup tho dude.

ifindppl

Sep 13, 2012
    Montgomery County
    Ben: Your MKIII looks awesome. I went to Volquartsen's website and their customization options are outstanding, but pricey. The heavy duty barrels look very cool. Aesthetically, I like the look of your Ruger. The custom grips and suppressor really complete the look. The only thing I would like to change on my 22/45 is the mag release. Volquartsen sells an adapater but it is $31 per mag. Still pricey - I have six mags.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Wow I thought mine was nice. I like the pimp grips. Especially the ones BenL posted. The white ones with the yellow eye. Sweet. Where do I get me some of those. Mine is a 22/44 MK III 4.5" threaded from the factory with a Brownells Hollow Sight. The suppressor is a 22Sparrow.

22_45.jpg

Need to pimp it out a bit.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom