• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jarhead FLSTI

Aug 31, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I finally got my semi-auto .308 :D . It is supposed to be a Christmas gift from the wife. The kid in Afghanistan ordered the Vortex StrikeFire and I picked up the Knights Armament flip up rear sight. Now I just need to wait until Christmas before I clean it up and take it for a test run.

Attachments

• DPMS.jpg
      DPMS.jpg
      77.5 KB · Views: 181

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I finally got my semi-auto .308 :D . It is supposed to be a Christmas gift from the wife. The kid in Afghanistan ordered the Vortex StrikeFire and I picked up the Knights Armament flip up rear sight. Now I just need to wait until Christmas before I clean it up and take it for a test run.

People criticize DPMS but my LR308 has been awesome. It is very similar with an AP4 top end with A3 type upper reciever and knurled freefloat. My thoughts are as follows

1. Accurate as hades, even with the 18" barrel it is incredible. 100% reliable.
    2. Bad is the recoil, mine had an A2 stock which transferred every bit of it to my shoulder. I have since replaced it with a PRS stock and 3/4 magpul recoil pad. That said I like to shoot some pretty heavy hunting loads through it.
    3. Its heavy.........I am probably going to oil and archive the AP4 top-end and get a Precision Armaments top end for some long range work.
    4. I have dumped the steel mags in favor of Magpul mags.

But I wish I had a family that treated me awesome like yours has :)

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Awesome! I bet that week wait is gonna be a killer! Do you get to play with it until then or did the wife lock it away?

Jarhead FLSTI

Aug 31, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Thanks guys. I've been wanting a semi-auto .308 for quite a while. I was torn between an AR platform or the FNAR until I saw the effort involved in stripping down the FNAR. This was also a platform that I am bit more familiar with.

The wife "thinks" it's put away until Christmas but unless it's wrapped, I will be fondling it every time she turns her back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom