My idea to get the shooting community to come together to donate to the needy :)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    I think it's a good idea, above and beyond what we do individually. Too often gun owners are seen as "bitter clingers". Where they would get that idea I have no idea... wait... oh, our president!

The shooting community should be seen in the best possible light. Contributions we make on our own are exactly that. We are at a turning point in this country in many ways, gun rights not the least of them. We should make the best out of our opportunity.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I don't understand why anyone would have a negative comment back to me all I said is that Id like to come together and help people. I'm willing to listen to all ideas I am not closed minded. I just would specifically like to help people locally. and what I mean by needy is not having at least one necessity to living healthy. You know food, shelter, health care (serious health problems), clothing. that type of stuff.

Didn't mean to be negative. I apologize. Just came on a day that i must have gotten 4 calls from the charities that call once a month for donations. I have run out of stuff to give them month after month. Offering to give my gloves to someone begging at a traffic light in the dead of winter and they say " Nah, I'd rather have money" kinda puts a dark light on the *giving spirit*. :)

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I think it's a good idea, above and beyond what we do individually. Too often gun owners are seen as "bitter clingers". Where they would get that idea I have no idea... wait... oh, our president!

The shooting community should be seen in the best possible light. Contributions we make on our own are exactly that. We are at a turning point in this country in many ways, gun rights not the least of them. We should make the best out of our opportunity.

:facepalm: I give up.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I gave up on anything PayPal several years ago, for anything.

For larger donations, I'll generally write checks, unless I know for sure I'll get a proper receipt from a CC donation online.

As for the "group forum donations" don't do any good?? I've done a couple different drives online that were well-received by the organizations, regardless of the amount. A good operation knows to be grateful for anything they receive.

There are some, however, where I've since noticed they spend quite a bit more than what they purport on re-soliciting donors. They fall down the list at that point.

But, again... anything anyone donates to a cause is "more than nothing".

Thresher03187

Sep 18, 2010
    Harford County
    Didn't mean to be negative. I apologize. Just came on a day that i must have gotten 4 calls from the charities that call once a month for donations. I have run out of stuff to give them month after month. Offering to give my gloves to someone begging at a traffic light in the dead of winter and they say " Nah, I'd rather have money" kinda puts a dark light on the *giving spirit*. :)

I understand 100 percent. and we cant be in a good mood all the time no worries ha. That's good of you to give though I respect you for that, same as any one who gives. Ive come to understand people need help sometimes but hopefully when they get back on their feet they will realize what people have done and try to do the same for others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom