• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • May 13, 2005
    Nice idea until the State of Commie-land mandates every handgun needs to be placed on one of these and the signal goes to a central monitoring center. Lol

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    We all have heard the stories.... guns when left unattended get up, load themselves, and go out on the town to cause mayhem. I left one of my ARs unattended and the next thing I know it's leaned up against a playground jungle gym in an Anthony Brown political add. You have to watch them like a hawk.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I store my .25ACP in my rectum, so I would know if it's been moved. You should have seen the look on my proctologist's face when he found it. I said, "Don't worry, safety's on!"

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    What motion sensor do you have?

Batteries?

Runs off app or just an audible noise?

Monthly fee?

My guns are locked in a safe that is inside a specialty locked combo closet with two locks on the exterior. My kids know not to mess with that closet and obviously can’t get in either but my fear is teenage friends down the line. I’m always open to ideas i didn’t know about and until y’all mentioned motion sensors in your safe i never even knew that was a thing.

I’d actually love to keep my work gun at work but with 15 years of a routine I’d forget i left it there and freak out.
    Eve motion sensor. App needed for your phone, but supports Apple HomeKit and I think google and Amazon stuff. The app does support android and ios.

I personally don’t like the level of spying/intrusiveness that google and Amazon do, so I am strictly apple for stuff when possible. Eve also doesn’t do anything through any of their servers. So you’ll need something on your end to support it like an appleTV or HomePod, Alexa or echo.

Battery I think is a ER14250 1/2 AA lithium battery. I haven’t had to replace it yet and I’ve had it for at least a year.

One issue with it in your safe is that’ll block any wireless signal. Now I don’t know how quickly it would connect back to your network when the door is opened. So you’d need the specific ones designed for a safe that can handle that.

Also no fees.

Unless it is out in the open, I’d go with the motion sensor being in the same room or closet that the safe is in unless that is a place your kids are supposed to be going.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I agree, but now you have video and still can't call your hometown 911.
    Do y’all not have friends or neighbors? Because I could almost certainly within about 5 minutes get ahold of a friend or neighbor back home who COULD call my hometown police.

And most of the time I am in state. Are you really telling me I couldn’t call 911 in Frederick county and let them know someone is breaking in to my home in Howard? So they are going to refuse to pass that to HoCo police?

And you can still look up and call your county police non-emergency number? They get calls they pass on as an emergency too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom