• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    It's not just a ban on full auto it is a ban on the discharge of any firearm within the Baltimore County no fire zone except under the stated exceptions.

I and a coworker stopped going to CS after experiencing similar issues to those above.

Parts of Baltimore County has been a part of the Greater Baltimore no fire zone for years as I was told by some LEO customers back in the 70s. It extends as far north as Mt Carmel Rd I believe.

AK-47

Feb 2, 2008
    I purchased a NOS Chinese AK-47, original box and all accessories back in 2007 from CS for $1100 out the door. I also transferred a GSG5 through them. Both transactions were fine with no complaints here. The biggest pain in the ass was getting there during his hours....I haven't stepped foot in there since.
    Probably never will either.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Parts of Baltimore County has been a part of the Greater Baltimore no fire zone for years as I was told by some LEO customers back in the 70s. It extends as far north as Mt Carmel Rd I believe.

Not true. The no fire zone is metropolitan zone which is generally the areas served by city water and sewer. A map of this area is required to posted in the lobby of all county police precincts. That area extends to the lower area of Sparks just north of Phoenix Rd. Even in on the Metro area you can have a range as long as the police are notified of its existence.

oldman12

Ultimate Member
    Sep 19, 2010
    "Merrica" Eastern Camp
    I had bought my Ak's from him,1 or 2 transfers. The hours suck.The last firearm I purchased was a xd45 from Gun Connection,not a bad experience,kinda of treated like a newb,comment about when I grow up ,I'll get away from the Ak platform and buy an AR,kinda made me think that wasn't going to be my gun shop either.

There is a couple of shops I have wondered in ,Christian Soldier wasn't a bad experience ,but seemed to be more expensive,definitely need to know what your looking for,or you may get a bull story.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Here's the Baltimore County Code on discharge of firearms. If you do not fall within the Metropolitan District there are no prohibitions to shooting.

BALTIMORE COUNTY FIREARMS DISCHARGE LAW

§ 17-2-101. DISCHARGING FIREARM OR WEAPON IN METROPOLITAN DISTRICT.

(a) Prohibition. Except as provided in subsection (c) of this section, a person may not fire or discharge a crossbow, pistol, air pistol, gas-propelled pistol, rifle, air rifle, gas-propelled rifle, or shotgun within:

(1) The limits of the metropolitan district of the county;

(2) A nondistrict enclave within the metropolitan district; or

(3) An appendage attached to the metropolitan district.

(b) Duty to post metropolitan district. The Police Department shall post in the county courthouse and in every police station and substation throughout the county, accurate maps designating the locations of the boundary lines of the metropolitan district established according to the Code.

(c) Exception. This section does not prohibit:

(1) A licensed hunter from discharging a shotgun, properly hunting in season using a shotgun that contains no heavier than No. 2 shot; or

(2) A person from discharging or firing a crossbow, pistol, air pistol, gas-propelled pistol, rifle, air rifle, gas-propelled rifle, or shotgun:

(i) On a permanently located, properly posted, and bona fide target range, the location of which has been filed with the Police Department;

(ii) When reasonably necessary for the defense of life or property; or

(iii) As part of a military occasion when the discharge is done under the orders of a commanding officer.

(d) Automatic weapons.

(1) In this subsection “automatic weapon” means any weapon capable of firing multiple shots with one depression of the trigger.

(2) Except as provided in subsection (c) of this section, a person may not fire or discharge an automatic weapon in the county.

(1988 Code, § 20-41) (Bill No. 169-93, § 1, 1-27-1994; Bill No. 114-99, § 3, 7-1-2004; Bill No. 13-00, § 1, 3-10-2000; Bill No. 73-03, § 22, 7-1-2004)

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    I know Rob, I worked with him in the FD. I've bought several guns from him with no problems. However during the big rush last summer I was looking to buy one last handgun and called him first. He seemed liked he was overwhelmed with orders, like most dealers I guess. I ended up not buying from him.

His odd hours are due to his FD work schedule, I do believe he is still working there, not retired.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I know Rob, I worked with him in the FD. I've bought several guns from him with no problems. However during the big rush last summer I was looking to buy one last handgun and called him first. He seemed liked he was overwhelmed with orders, like most dealers I guess. I ended up not buying from him.

His odd hours are due to his FD work schedule, I do believe he is still working there, not retired.

I worked with him also (same station) and believe me, his erratic behavior has nothing to do with how many guns he sold.

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    He is a rip off and a cheat. Avoid him at all costs. Never walk in his store and tell all the gun folks you know to stay away. I used his store for a transaction one time and it was HELL! Took forever to get my gun and money. RUN AWAY!!!!

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Went in there once, was ignored, never went back. One can get better service at Just Guns, and that of course is not a compliment. Once Walter's closed up and Valley Gun was taken over by the son, that was the end of any decent gun shops in the Parkville area.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Went in there once, was ignored, never went back. One can get better service at Just Guns, and that of course is not a compliment. Once Walter's closed up and Valley Gun was taken over by the son, that was the end of any decent gun shops in the Parkville area.

:thumbsup:

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I don't know this shop. Warnings appreciated.

On a different subject... weather looking good this weekend, might join in a friendly race. :)

simpsons-angry-mob.jpg

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    The main clerk/owner is a MAJOR *******.

Shiftlet I think his name is.

He's completely crooked. Tried to low ball me on something I was thinking about selling. Whatever, it's a business, I understand he's got to make a living.

So I go back there to buy a 'like new' SKS for 400 bucks. Mind you this is before the craziness, so I figured it must be something special.

It was not only a rusted piece of crap in NO WAY 'like new' but he outright lied to me about several things, among them whether the rifle was pinned or threaded into the receiver, and even WHAT BASIC TYPE of SKS it was. It was Chinese, which I thought would be evident by the Chinese characters on the receiver by the import mark and serial number, but if I remember correctly he tried to tell me it was Romanian.

Can't tell that guy shit. He talked down to me like I was a child with Down's syndrome or something, which is really screwed up considering if he did in fact take me for a first time buyer he deliberately tried to capitalize on that fact and screw me financially. What a freaking asshat.

He probably thought I was a first time gun buyer because NO ONE ELSE WILL EVER BUY FROM HIM BECAUSE THEY'LL KNOW BETTER AFTER BEING AROUND GUN PEOPLE.

BRONZ

Big Brother is Watching
    Jan 21, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    I had an.experience like that at Gilberts guns. Class 3 on the wall and I askes if I could see it.
    The guy said no if I couldnt buy it I dont need to see it. Ass

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Sgt Preston here...

The owner, Rob is a full time Baltimore County Paramedic...

I've bought 2 handguns from him over the years, a Springer 1911 & a Ruger GP100...

The deals were straightforward & the prices were good...

The paperwork went thru on time & I picked up my new guns 7 days later...

On the downside,

This store is small & crowded & has very little standing room...

And the hours are "call & see if he's there"...

However my dealings with Rob have all been first class...

Just one old Jarhead's honest observations, opinions & rambling...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom