• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sar82007

Apr 6, 2013
    People's Republic of MD
    I was shopping with a friend for an Remington 870. I know Christian Soldier is a NFA dealer and that he also sold title 1 firearms. And I know his store has constant changing hours. I was driving by in the neighborhood after going to Just Guns. And it do happened Christian Soldier was open. I stopped in to see if they had an 870. Unfortunately not okay. Then I was asking about the Ingram he had on the wall. When I asked what the price was the clerk just told me thats a class 3 firearm. I asked him again and expressed an ingest in it. So as the salesman he should have told me the price and made an effort to sell me something. I asked him again and got the same smarty pants answer. I've shopped there previously with good results but not this time. I think I'll be taking by Class 3 business elsewhere.

Last edited:

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    I stopped going there years ago. I filled out the paperwork to order a DPMS thru him and week after week I would call to check on the status of the order and was told he would call me back. Finally, I stopped in and asked him to call DPMS. It took him 30 minutes to find the paperwork only to figure out the order was never submitted. So after almost 2 months of me calling, I discovered just how disorganized his shop is and how horrible his record keeping is. I was so pissed off I told him to cancel the order and give me my deposit back. He offered me a great deal on a Mini-30 instead so I decided to cut my losses and grab up on the deal. While I was waiting for the process to go thru, as I was pushed further and further back by the phone calls of people checking on the status of their orders, a guy came in with an H-Bar AR to sell. He was looking for $600 and was offered $100; take it or leave it. Luckily my sale finished just as the guy told Rob to take his 100 bucks and shove it up his ass. As we headed out the door, I told the guy I had $500 cash in my pocket if he was interested. So, for 3-1/2 hours out of my life and the need for blood pressure meds by the end of the day....at least I got to take two guns home.

Plus there's also the story of the female process server that was basically held captive in his store because they refused to let her out and spent 15 minutes badgering her until she was able to escape.

At least now I know there are so many more honorable gun dealers in the area. I am done with CS for good.

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    I bought my first guns there and had decent experiences. That was almost 10 years ago. They've gone down hill considerably. Freestate and 2A are my go to shops now even though I live less than 10 minutes away from Christian soldier.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    I've never even gone in the store, never saw the point especially with the goofy fricken hours. I'm not a Christian soldier, I'm a heathen Marine and always will be!:lol2:

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    I understood the goofy hours before because he worked for the Baltimore Co Fire Dept and their schedule are two 10hr days followed by two 14hr nights and 4 days off; but last I heard he got a medical retirement.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    After collecting many stamps in the last 25 years, when i walk into a new gunshop and the folks dont know me, I still get the" its a class 3" response and some freakin speech about needing to obtain the secret password in order to get a none BS service.

Most think that youre just a wannabe tire kicker when you ask about a title 2 weapons and totally ignorant about the NFA world. I get a kick about walking into gunshops and get treated like a complete newbie. It is when you see true colors. No one gets a second chance to make a first impression. Asshat dealers do not need new business, there are many other good dealers to do business with.

in the NFA world.. It will take some time to find a good dealer. then.. A network of good dealers and sources. Also as a reminder, NFA will require you to have an above average tolerance for frustrating situations and a lot patience.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    Hey SCARCQB, as far as NFA items go, would a Can be the least frustrating to go with as my first stamp? I really want one for my FNP Tactical!

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Hey SCARCQB, as far as NFA items go, would a Can be the least frustrating to go with as my first stamp? I really want one for my FNP Tactical!

Paperwork to process NFA items( MG, suppressors, DD, SBR,SBS, AOW) are almost identical.

I would suggest that for your initial purchase is to go with a form 4 transfer( individual) vs the trust route.

The the safest route to obtain a can ( suppressor) is to deal with one of our IPs. These guys can walk you through the entire process. They can also get you the can for a reasonable price. most have the patience and experience to make the process as painless as possible.

engage, A1 uniforms , gun connection may be worth visiting. other IPs are also good, but I have no firsthand experience with them.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    A couple of years ago he asked me if I wanted to buy an AAC can for my UZI he did the transfer on. It was LNIB so I said sure, how much. Waited 2+ months for him to come up with a price because he couldn't figure out what he paid for it. His record keeping is crap. SAid it wasn't his first priority because of the ATF hassle and he was only making a little on it. I said you already paid for it so it is money sitting on your rack but didn't matter. So after wasting over 2 months I bought a Mosaad at Cont Arms.
    Stopped in Thur for the first time in 1 1/2 years and his pricing on similar items makes absolutely no sense and his grading of used guns is out of line. His 95%=85% in my book.

forkauto

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Sep 26, 2013
    Hampstead, Md
    I believe he is the reason for the ban on Full-Auto fire in Baltimore County as well. I seem to remember an argument he had with a neighbor around his property he would shoot at. They had a pissing match and voila, a ban on machine gun fire in BC. You can own them and even fire them in semi but not use the fun button. Thank god I'm in Carroll.............

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    Just out of curiosity...

Is the owner a true Christian? Is he a "CINO"? Or was it just a "catchy name" for a gun shop?

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I believe he is the reason for the ban on Full-Auto fire in Baltimore County as well. I seem to remember an argument he had with a neighbor around his property he would shoot at. They had a pissing match and voila, a ban on machine gun fire in BC. You can own them and even fire them in semi but not use the fun button. Thank god I'm in Carroll.............

It's not a total ban, but if read strictly, you would be prohibited from shooting the MG in semi-auto.

(c) Exception. This section does not prohibit:
    (1) A licensed hunter from discharging a shotgun, properly hunting in season using a shotgun that contains no heavier than No. 2 shot; or
    (2) A person from discharging or firing a crossbow, pistol, air pistol, gas-propelled pistol, rifle, air rifle, gas-propelled rifle, or shotgun:
    (i) On a permanently located, properly posted, and bona fide target range, the location of which has been filed with the Police Department;
    (ii) When reasonably necessary for the defense of life or property;
    (iii) As part of a military occasion when the discharge is done under the orders of a commanding officer; or
    (iv) As part of a deer cooperator program under the authority granted to the Department of Natural Resources, in cooperation with the county, to reduce the wildlife population of protected wildlife determined to be overpopulated.

(d) Automatic weapons.
    (1) In this subsection “automatic weapon” means any weapon capable of firing multiple shots with one depression of the trigger.
    (2) Except as provided in subsection (c) of this section, a person may not fire or discharge an automatic weapon in the county.
    (1988 Code, § 20-41) (Bill No. 169-93, § 1, 1-27-1994; Bill No. 114-99, § 3, 7-1-2004; Bill No. 13-00, § 1, 3-10-2000; Bill No. 73-03, § 22, 7-1-2004; Bill No. 21-11, § 1, 6-20-2011)

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Just out of curiosity...

Is the owner a true Christian? Is he a "CINO"? Or was it just a "catchy name" for a gun shop?[/QUOte

This guy has been covered extensively on this forum. The best advise I can give concerning him is DO NOT BUY GUNS ON HARFORD ROAD. He could be handing out Glocks for free and I would not stop there. JMHO

Dec 31, 2012
    It's not just a ban on full auto it is a ban on the discharge of any firearm within the Baltimore County no fire zone except under the stated exceptions.

I and a coworker stopped going to CS after experiencing similar issues to those above.

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    This guy has been covered extensively on this forum. The best advise I can give concerning him is DO NOT BUY GUNS ON HARFORD ROAD. He could be handing out Glocks for free and I would not stop there. JMHO

Yeah. From what I've read in the past, I have no intention of doing business there.

I'm just curious if the guy really is a (serious) "Christian" (doesn't sound like it), or if he's just exploiting the term.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    He is a Thief and a liar! His service if you have an issue is the worst I have ever heard of. Think of a 3 year plus NFA transfer... I can go into more detail later but I would stop buying guns if he was the only FFL in MD. He still owes me $100 which he pretty much told me to my face that he was stealing from me. Just a real scum bag. I could not stress enough to anyone, don't consider buying from him. He is so bad I would almost help Anti-gunners shut him down... almost.

cms1528

Feb 26, 2013
    He once told me about two years ago that you can not build an AR pistol legally in Maryland. This was before the Oct 1 ban.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011

You are absolutely right. The neighbor's name is Walter Boyd I believe, though that may be his brothers's name. I mix them up. The one in White Hall is a liberal scumbag retired college professor who is always writing letters to the Sun as is his brother who lives in Historic Lutherville. Two totally liberal POS.
    The owner of Christian Soldier has 27 acres and from talking to local LEOs he was shooting very close to the guy's property. In any regard, he went before the County Council and acted like a total ass so they passed the no FA fire law in Balt. County and F'd us all. They both need to be tarred and feathered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom