• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Agree with change in G&S... however, un-appointing them... if possible... would definitely be exploited by the "left" and may become a political sh!t storm sure to make it to the MSM. JMHO.

That is where Hogan has to have a set of balls. Ehrlich tried to get along with the left and we know how well that worked out. He's going to have to ruffle some feathers and stand tough. Not just 2A issues but everything especially taxes.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Agree with the the above. How long are people gonna give him to act on something though, 6 months, 2 years, first term, first 6 months of SECOND term?

ngman

MDS Supporter
    Apr 19, 2013
    Western Howard County
    The "consent of the Senate" could be an obstacle. It does look like he gets to appoint the chairman and vice-chair.

http://www.dsd.state.md.us/comar/SubtitleSearch.aspx?search=12.09.01.*

.02 Board Membership.
    A. The Board consists of five members appointed by the Governor, with the advice and consent of the Senate, for a term of 3 years according to requirements under Public Safety Article, §5-302, Annotated Code of Maryland.

B. The Governor shall designate a chairman from the five members of the Board.

C. The chairman shall designate a vice-chairman from the remaining members of the Board

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    The "consent of the Senate" could be an obstacle. It does look like he gets to appoint the chairman and vice-chair.

http://www.dsd.state.md.us/comar/SubtitleSearch.aspx?search=12.09.01.*

.02 Board Membership.
    A. The Board consists of five members appointed by the Governor, with the advice and consent of the Senate, for a term of 3 years according to requirements under Public Safety Article, §5-302, Annotated Code of Maryland.

B. The Governor shall designate a chairman from the five members of the Board.

C. The chairman shall designate a vice-chairman from the remaining members of the Board

Hogan forcing self defense as G&S would eliminate the need to worry about who sits on the HPRB for the vast majority of citizens. Denials from then on would be for people who have criminal records, mental health issues, and an exhibited propensity for violence. Let the HPRB decide those cases, no prob!

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    He won't get a second term.

I think you may be wrong even in Blue MD. The reason is that I think our electorate even in MD can be provided with real facts and make good decisions IF they can see through the BS liberal messages from the MSM. For example, there are likely several hundred thousand illegals who are registered to vote in this state all while not paying taxes and getting free rides from many social welfare programs. If Hogan and his supporters can push these issues for 4 years and we can purge the illegals from our lists of registered voters this state may be a lot less blue than we have all been led to believe. I hope that the lawsuit against the thousands of illegals registered to vote in Frederick county exposes what has been a huge problem in our state political system. I am beyond angered when I hear that thousands of illegals have supported/voted for the likes of O'Malley/Brown, Vallario, Frosh, etc. all while taking advantage of our tax dollars and paying none themselves. :mad54::mad54::mad54:

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Ok so here it is, after a round trip to Glen Burnie of a little over 5 hours and a tank of gas, the general consensus of the review board is, can I get a drum roll please..................

Wait for it,

DENIED!!!!!!!

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I definately had the feeling when I sat down that they had pretty much made up their minds before I walked in the meeting room.
    So now we wait to see what the governor elect can do for us peons.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Buff, I was sorry to hear this news last night. I was rooting for you. I did not hold out much hope, but I was rooting for you. Now we both know that denial is not just a river in Egypt.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Buff, I was sorry to hear this news last night. I was rooting for you. I did not hold out much hope, but I was rooting for you. Now we both know that denialis not just a river in Egypt.

Maybe we should rename the Potomac that, as it seperates us from free America to the south, ie Virginia, West Virginia.

All we can hope for now is our governor elect puts his pen to work, because as we all know the pen is mightier than the sword.:thumbsup:

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Maybe we should rename the Potomac that, as it seperates us from free America to the south, ie Virginia, West Virginia.

All we can hope for now is our governor elect puts his pen to work, because as we all know the pen is mightier than the sword.:thumbsup:

I like that idea. I'm moving to the other side of Denial River. Sounds great. :thumbsup::party29:

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    I think you may be wrong even in Blue MD. The reason is that I think our electorate even in MD can be provided with real facts and make good decisions IF they can see through the BS liberal messages from the MSM. For example, there are likely several hundred thousand illegals who are registered to vote in this state all while not paying taxes and getting free rides from many social welfare programs. If Hogan and his supporters can push these issues for 4 years and we can purge the illegals from our lists of registered voters this state may be a lot less blue than we have all been led to believe. I hope that the lawsuit against the thousands of illegals registered to vote in Frederick county exposes what has been a huge problem in our state political system. I am beyond angered when I hear that thousands of illegals have supported/voted for the likes of O'Malley/Brown, Vallario, Frosh, etc. all while taking advantage of our tax dollars and paying none themselves. :mad54::mad54::mad54:

Based on the budget docs that came on out last week, Hogan faces a true challenge. Things will get ugly, he will be blamed, and Dumbocrats will elect a tax-hiking demon again.

I too hope something emerges of the blatant voter fraud that occurs here.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Buff... Sorry to hear this, but not a shocker. Mitigating circumstances prevented me from a meet-up but I would have liked to have been in your cheering section for ya'.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Sorry to hear it, but I'm thankful that you tried and kept us updated the way through.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    It had been 2 years 8 months 6 days since I had applied until I got my final denial.
    Funny thing about it is that if I had been issued a permit when I first applied I'd be looking to renew about now.
    And thanks for all the condolences, I'm looking forward to a much easier process in the not so distant future.

March 13, 2012

Last edited:
    Dec 31, 2012
    It had been 2 years 8 months 6 days since I had applied until I got my final denial.
    Funny thing about it is that if I had been issued a permit when I first applied I'd be looking to renew about now.
    And thanks for all the condolences, I'm looking forward to a much easier process in the not so distant future.

That's what Maryland calls efficient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom