• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I had some issues with the safety, it's a 80% lower that I finished. I had to open the detent hole up alittle, may have gone to far. I am not thrilled with the lower, but it works well. It may become a donor for an experiment I'm cooking up in my head.

I have "issues". The fact that I can notice things like that means im rainman.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Who's on 3rd base?

I'll be using that PSA lower for my build, only issue I had with that was the roll-pin for the trigger guard was tight, almost too tight, but some gentle nothing's whispered at it, some Slip2000 and a few good whacks with a punch, drove her home.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Who's on 3rd base?

I'll be using that PSA lower for my build, only issue I had with that was the roll-pin for the trigger guard was tight, almost too tight, but some gentle nothing's whispered at it, some Slip2000 and a few good whacks with a punch, drove her home.

What LPK?, these days I only use RRA pins. There is a difference.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I had a Stag TG Roll pin that I used, it was a left-over from when I switched to a Mag-Pul TG, Markp had the same issue when he did one of his lower's, I didn't use anything other than a 'smith's hammer and a roll-pin punch, so I didn't hack it up or bend the ears thankfully.

I got to pick up a LPK to finish up the PSA Lower, I've been spending more time on my reloads then the lower currently... :o

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    First off, thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. I've had some doubts about particulars I wanted to order and you are addressing them all nicely. :D

Yes it's a Troy TRX 9" rail and a Noveske 10" barrel. There is just barely enough room with the handguard and the FH for the suppressor. This is exactly what Noveske sells as the "Rogue Hunter". The billet lower is solely for the cool factor, but the HD billet has some nice features as well.

Which features in particular are you speaking of?

Chad I think she is ready for you to cut me some nice smooth feed ramps. The current ones actually match up pretty good but I can feel a step with a toothpick and the upper does not have M4 cuts. I want this thing to feed any kind of ammo I can reload for it.

Once again, neats tricks and tools of the trade. I'm going to check out some of my setups now to see if they might need a little attention.

Any other trade tricks I might want to try out to check the QC of some of my latest builds?

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    300blackoutreticlefinal.jpg

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    I almost bought a 10.5 barrel today at the gunshow, unfortunatly it means i'd have to file a tax stamp, or build an AR pistol.

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    Love the smooth handguard. I hate all the accessory rails that some have.

Really nice build and I might see one in the future.

Forest

The AR guy
    Jul 13, 2011
    Love the handgaurds Russ. BTW what scope is using the reticule? I need to take a look!

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    Yes it's a Troy TRX 9" rail and a Noveske 10" barrel. There is just barely enough room with the handguard and the FH for the suppressor.

What suppressor are you running with that configuration?

My plan was to go with an 8" Noveske barrel with a 9" TRX handguard and a YHM Phantom 7.62 QD can. I wasn't sure if the can would fit inside the TRX, but was hoping it would. Something like this:

300Blackout001.jpg

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    That's not mine. Mine is nicer. It's done accept the no paperwork back for the SBR. I can shoot it on my pistol lower though. Haven't had time to get to the range yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom