• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    I did some shooting this past weekend and thought I would share a sweet picture!
    SDC11556.jpg
    .357 Colt Python, Gen 4 Glock 26, and S&W Bodyguard 380

Last edited:

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    Nice Colt!

How do you like that bodyguard? (apparently its pretty good if one of your 3 favorites). I'm interested in a pocket piece.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    I do like the Bodyguard. Right now it is my everyday carry because of size and weight. With an IWB holster there is no printing at all with shorts and t-shirt. The recoil takes a bit to get used to because gun only weighs about 12oz. It has an odd trigger, very long and a bit hard to pull, but I have put about 200 rounds through it and it just seems normal now. It has a second strike capability, if you have a FTF you can pull the trigger again to try and discharge round without working the slide to eject failed round or resetting trigger. It is a semi-auto, but in my opinion it works exactly like a double action revolver just in a smaller slimmer package. The insight laser is a nice feature also. I looked at a kel tec 380 and Ruger 380, but chose this. It is more $, but I think it is a better gun.

The Python is a sweet piece. It was a gift from my Uncle. We have a nice collection of Colts (357 Trooper, 357 King Cobra, Snub.38 revolver, several small semi-autos), but the Python is my favorite.

Overall my Glock 26 is my favorite handgun. I do carry this sometimes and probably will more often in Fall and Winter. Just a very reliable nice shooting gun that feels good in my hand. I guess that is what matters most.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom