• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    How come you don't see more jugs available after use? Are they one and done, or people hold on to them? It'd be nice to borrow folks jigs and offer compensation for the use of them.

People hold onto them or tend to want almost full price for a used one.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

As mentioned you will find that some people make more than "one", some who do sell them are looking to get more or the return on investment for the jigs / tools. Got several jigs for frames, slides, blocks, files, etc. My preference is SS frames nothing against Aluminium but... You can buy complete guns for what you have in jigs / tools and not to mention your time involved.
    Mosin Virus, with how he build his, the tools he used mostly hand, files and his finished guns, the fit slide to frame, the blending, an artist. He is also on Cal-guns, willing to help people also.

-Rock

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    It's a tough choice dropping all the coin on jigs when all I want is one 1911. I did cave in on the HQL, so to alleviate the loss in jigs, I may look for a 100% frame. Know of any IPs with them in stock?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    But you can sell the jigs and tools for almost what you paid for them if you are really only going to do one build. If you buy used, you might sell them for exactly what you paid for them.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    But you can sell the jigs and tools for almost what you paid for them if you are really only going to do one build. If you buy used, you might sell them for exactly what you paid for them.
    While this is true I looked for months and finally sold my 80% because I wasnt willing to invest that much in jigs.

Instead I purchaded an extra frame from caspian/foster and saved a few bucks.

I still have a gov frame I havent built yet, waiting for funds to finish it.

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    While this is true I looked for months and finally sold my 80% because I wasnt willing to invest that much in jigs.

Instead I purchaded an extra frame from caspian/foster and saved a few bucks.

I still have a gov frame I havent built yet, waiting for funds to finish it.

Stu, who'd you use to transfer and do you have a link to the frame/slide you ordered?

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Honestly the best thing to do is call foster and tell them what you are looking for and they will look around. They have a few things listed on the web site but that inventory is dated.

I love skeeters. Hes not an op but a hell of a nice guy and more affordable than most.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    8bd71cb0719e3aeca56ecb1891c8a4e9.jpg

Also working on a double stack for some IDPA fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom