• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    I lived i Germantown in the 80's. It's changed a lot. And not for the better IMO.

You got that right. I lived in Germantown from 1983-2000. Nice area in the late 80's early 90's now that same place I lived is a dump. When we moved out someone tossed a brick through the back sliding glass door. They did not get anything of high value since they were already moved but they made sure to take vacuum cleaner bags and a box of tide detergent.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Crazy people killing children don't care what zip code they live in.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I lived i Germantown in the 80's. It's changed a lot. And not for the better IMO.

It changed radically for the worse when I worked there between 1999 and 2003. In just that time, it went from mostly open fields to jam packed with apartments, many of them controlled rent. The worst area was right around the police station. The gas station across the street from the police station had armed robberies constantly, often of customers at the pumps. It got worse when the movie theater went in. The area is filled with gang bangers now.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    The black dude with the glasses in the pic (cop) used to work with me here in D.C. and I grew up with the white guy standing next to him......small world.

Hope they figure this one out.....when its children involved like this its generally domestic.

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Lol at the remarks about Germantown being crime ridden. "The Compton of MoCo"

I lived there until 2012 and yes, it is overcrowded and way too many ignorant yuppies and hipsters, but in general, you are pretty safe there.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    Officers who went to the townhouse knocked on the door, but there was no answer and they didn’t see or hear anything suspicious, Daly said. One police commander said they spent more than 40 minutes at the scene. But the officers didn’t find enough probable cause to force their way inside, he said.
    I bet this happens more than some folks on these boards would believe.

Rockchucker

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 1, 2013
    Millersville

The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    Yeah well I have good reason to say what I want about crime in Germantown. The house I grew up in was broke into twice,once while I was asleep. So please forgive me if my perception of crime in Germantown is not what you think it should be

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Yeah well I have good reason to say what I want about crime in Germantown. The house I grew up in was broke into twice,once while I was asleep. So please forgive me if my perception of crime in Germantown is not what you think it should be

It sucks that your house was broken into. I am sorry to hear that, and I hope nobody was hurt.

BUT, one person's experience does not a trend make.

cestrella13

Cosmoline Dreams
    Mar 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    I have lived in Germantown for over 20 years; like any town, it has its good and not so reputable parts. A senseless crime is a senseless crime, regardless where.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    And as details of the murder emerge, the reporting is appropriately on the victims, the accused and her potential schizophrenia, the sequence of events, etc. No focus on the tool used to commit the crime or any "knife violence" silliness.

Perhaps if there were a greater focus on those that commit crimes, there might be more progress in preventing these tragedies. An HQL is no barrier to obtaining a knife, a baseball bat, an automobile, combustible or explosive materials, or a toxic substance. As such, the incidence of violent crime in MD is likely to be unaffected by myopic legislation focusing on firearms (esp banning those involved in a tiny fraction of all homicides in the state). I guess if the politicians have failed at solving these problems it's nice to have a straw man to kick around, especially one the uncritical media has helped both glamorize and create fear of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom