• Multiple

Votes: 69 88.5%
    • Mega

Votes: 9 11.5%

• Total voters

Defense Initiative

Aug 2, 2023
    Maryland
    I still have no idea what I want todo or when, but tonights question is would you rather have multiple smaller safes or a mega safe?

This started when I was trying to figure out what would give me the best bang for the buck (considering potentially wasted space), but now I'm wondering one safe for pistols, one for suppressors and SBRs, one for everything else, etc.
    It depends on the size of your collection and available space. Your budget should also be considered. Large safes are generally more cost-effective than many small safes. The concealability of your safe should also be a consideration.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I still have no idea what I want todo or when, but tonights question is would you rather have multiple smaller safes or a mega safe?

This started when I was trying to figure out what would give me the best bang for the buck (considering potentially wasted space), but now I'm wondering one safe for pistols, one for suppressors and SBRs, one for everything else, etc.
    I've always wanted a room. Served a search warrant a couple years back and the guy had a poured concrete room with a thick metal safe door. Hundreds of guns in racks and safes, cases and cases of ammunition, gun parts, bench for working, cleaning station, sufficient lighting for everything. That would be ideal for me.

If I end up building a house, I am going to strongly push for a similar room.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I've always wanted a room. Served a search warrant a couple years back and the guy had a poured concrete room with a thick metal safe door. Hundreds of guns in racks and safes, cases and cases of ammunition, gun parts, bench for working, cleaning station, sufficient lighting for everything. That would be ideal for me.

If I end up building a house, I am going to strongly push for a similar room.
    Did he open the vault for you?

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    When the foundation was poured for our new house it included an area under the front porch. Our builder does this for all the houses he builds. I had him put studs and plywood walls up, nothing fancy. I put up my existing gun racks and and an UpHolddisplay wall on one side. The room is surrounded by concrete including the ceiling. It also has an air duct for A/C. There is also a vault door installed that is made by Hornady. Although I like to look at my guns, given today's environment, it is better that they are secured. Sure the vault door is a give away, but your average smash and grab thief can't get in it.
    A lot of newer houses have the area under the porch but simply fill it with dirt. Decades ago, I made the suggestion to multiple builders to turn that area into usable space by simply installing a door for access from the basement. I said they could even make it an extra cost option. Of course, it wasn't their idea and you know how arrogant, egotistical types are.

Blazer

Oct 29, 2020
    A lot of newer houses have the area under the porch but simply fill it with dirt. Decades ago, I made the suggestion to multiple builders to turn that area into usable space by simply installing a door for access from the basement. I said they could even make it an extra cost option. Of course, it wasn't their idea and you know how arrogant, egotistical types are.
    I lived in Eldersburg for 31 years, I have since moved to WV

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom