• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lawman1800

Jul 29, 2012
    I know there are a bunch of guys out there like me that EDC carry multiple blades. What are you guys carrying?

Lawman1800

Jul 29, 2012
    Nice guys. I carry the SOG Trident folder, old school Cold Steel Recon 1 partly serrated tanto, and the Ka-Bar TDI law enforcement fixed blade.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    ZT0300 for big cutting jobs, skeletool CX for fixing small things and small cutting tasks, Hawkhook(clip removed, added keychain QD) for bottle opening, prying, and a safer way to open those damn clear plastic packages.

20130130_235235.jpg

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    All Spyderco: Native Lightweight, Native 5, Caly 3.5, Dragonfly II, Dragonfly II Salt Yellow, Ladybug

ToneGrail

MSI, NRA, & SAF Member
    Dec 18, 2008
    Towson, People's Republik of MD
    +1,plus a small blade on my money clip.

In fact, I don't think I've ever used the large blade on my swiss army knife. That's what my Spyderco Tenacious is for. I carry an SAK for all the other tools. I have used the small pen blade though to cut open plastic bubble packs. It's just easier with a smaller blade.

gunrunner

New MK12 Mod 0 Fan
    Dec 20, 2008
    Clear Spring, MD.
    Thanks lawman. It is a great knife. The heat treat on this CPM-3v is awesome. It holds an edge forever. I double strider wrapped the handle with 550 for now. But next on my short list is some handle scales for this baby. I love fixed blades as well. I started carry fixed blades over folders exclusively about 2 yrs ago. I will never go back to a folder unless the environment dictates I do so. Even then, it will only be for that moment.

gunrunner

New MK12 Mod 0 Fan
    Dec 20, 2008
    Clear Spring, MD.
    Since this is a multiple EDC blade thread, I guess I'll post my other favorite knife. The Barkie put the Eskabar into semi retirement. Mainly due to its harder blade steel. I just don't need to sharpen CPM-3V as often as 1095CR. I'm a contractor, so I use my knifes pretty hard everyday.
    0b3f3bc9d567313c40b16ec986b0249a.jpg

99aa6349c964b2b6521488e952887fff.jpg

The higher grind and convex edge I have put on this knife has greatly improved its cutting/slicing abilities. Also, allows me to strop the knife back to razor sharp everyday.
    cf1b483aef22dfabe3b223807a2313ee.jpg

Lawman1800

Jul 29, 2012
    Gunrunner you are clearly a man who knows his blades. Fixed blades knives are stronger than folders to work with and deploy much faster in the event you need to use them for lethal force situations. As a meat patrol officer there harder to carry though as my gun belt its already full with all the other crap I carry. I wear the ka-bar tdi on my pants belt under my gun belt and that has worked well for me.

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    I know there are a bunch of guys out there like me that EDC carry multiple blades. What are you guys carrying?

A Victorinox Cadet (silver alox) is what usually accompanies me every time I step out the door. Bottle opener with a flat-head screwdriver is invaluable. The Cadet along with a larger single blade folding knife (lately, they've been non-locking also) seem to handle most of my needs. The Cadet gets used out in public without worry.

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Today is a Chris Reeve Sebenza and waved Spyderco Civilian. Carrying the Sebbie in the base of my right, strong-side, pocket and Civilian in a P'kal style on the top of the same pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom