• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    I called my FFL in regards to the paperwork coming back. I was asked when I purchased the paperwork and 10 days had elapsed since then. The FFL said come pick up your firearm and when the paperwork comes back you will have to come back and pick up your (my) copies of the paperwork. I have my firearm in the safe and I am still waiting on the paperwork (firearm purchased 1/12/2013).:cool::cool:

Handgun or regulated long gun?

BaltimoreBass

Nov 13, 2008
    Baltimore
    I must be the luckiest guy on this forum because the paperwork I filled out on the 19th came back on the 20-something (I forgot the exact date). I was in the shop this weekend browsing and figured I'd ask for just for the heck of it and I was good to go.

Sometimes you win.

SCOTTG82

I'm Muffin, I know nuffin
    Nov 14, 2012
    Received a return email from MSP. I emailed them yesterday and they responded about 30 min ago.
    Response as follows:
    "we are working through the Jan 15 application now, check back later in the week"

Don't know if this is MY paperwork specifically they were referring to, or Jan 15 dated paperwork in general... Light at the end of the Jan. 15 tunnel

I emailed them only to confirm they received my paperwork since faxes and apps. are showing up "missing" left and right

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    Talked to the folks at FreeState yesterday while I was there and they told me that MSP informed them last Wednesday to expect 30 business days. It's getting worse, ladies and germs.

lilpenny

Jan 26, 2013
    Ellicott City
    I don't get it, inventories have dried up and have been that way for a couple of weeks. You would think less paperwork is being sent in and the lead time would be going in the other direction.

SCOTTG82

I'm Muffin, I know nuffin
    Nov 14, 2012
    Lilpenny, never looked at it like that but I totally agree. Not to mention in the msp letter to ffl's they claimed they were implementing a new system to speed things up... that was 2 weeks ago....im about 1 new law away from moving to pa!!!

DoubleTap007

Mar 18, 2011
    BelAir, MD
    I don't get it, inventories have dried up and have been that way for a couple of weeks. You would think less paperwork is being sent in and the lead time would be going in the other direction.

It's dried up in Maryland but there are still guns to buy and you can buy online, and that is what I would think most people are doing.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I'm not happy about this - I put a deposit down on an HK USP .45 a week ago, and it burns me up that I'm going to have to wait a month or more before I can take possession and shoot it.

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    I'm not happy about this - I put a deposit down on an HK USP .45 a week ago, and it burns me up that I'm going to have to wait a month or more before I can take possession and shoot it.

Did you purchase it from a dealer that has a range? If so you can shoot it there while you wait for your paperwork to come back. You just can't take it home. I bought our pistol at Free State and we're waiting on our papers to come in (been three weeks) but our gun has 1200 rds through it already :lol:

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    Look at the bright side, it gives you enough time to find ammo unless you bought a .40. (Just Kidding!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom