• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • emc718

Patiently Waiting
    Jan 26, 2013
    Essex MD
    anyone know what days were lost , i thought some of Decembers paper work was lost now people are saying Jan 12 also it would be better if that email said what days not " a few days were lost"

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    anyone know what days were lost , i thought some of Decembers paper work was lost now people are saying Jan 12 also it would be better if that email said what days not " a few days was lost"

I don't even think the MSP knows for sure. What bugs me more is how do they know they lost applications unless the customer asks the FFL to make the inquiry after so many days have passed.

I was ok with waiting as I know they are swamped but if they lost my application and my FFL is also not going to be bothered until I complain then that bit of incompetence and not knowing is unacceptable.
    I already sent an inquiry to the MSP this morning and will wait patiently for their response.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    I dont like how the MDSP calls it their Licensing Division.......

Why not?

That office issues the following licenses:

Maryland Regulated Firearms Dealer
    Private Investigators Licenses
    Security Guard Licenses
    Handgun Permits (eg-licenses to carry)
    Outdoor Music Festival Permits
    Plus many more........

They also happen to handle firearms approvals and registrations too.

GoPackGo

Discount Double Check
    Feb 13, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    Hey everyone, new member here just posting my experience thus far...

Submitted paperwork on Jan. 15 via local OC dealer, no call yet, but judging from all the other dates it would seem the phone will be ringing soon. Fingers crossed, knock on wood, etc. :lol2: Will post here as soon as I get the call!

spitfire481

Mar 31, 2012
    Glen Burnie Md
    From msp:

Good afternoon Mr. **** we have received your application on 1/18/13. At this time we are currently working on that date your application should be processed by next week. The response will be sent to your dealer. Thank you

Right2Carry

Feb 27, 2009
    District 32
    I did. MSP put me "on hold" for some odd reason then released the hold after a few days...

I wonder, after the paperwork sits for a couple of weeks, and they finally handle and process the paperwork, do they begin to count the 7 hold days on that specific day... :sad20:

PA checks take about 10 minutes, and Maryland uses the same national database.

Gun owners who already own weapons, should be exempt from the stupid 7 day hold.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I wonder, after the paperwork sits for a couple of weeks, and they finally handle and process the paperwork, do they begin to count the 7 hold days on that specific day... :sad20:

PA checks take about 10 minutes, and Maryland uses the same national database.

Gun owners who already own weapons, should be exempt from the stupid 7 day hold.

Theres too many liberals in md that think the 7 day period is great.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I just called 2 A. They finally informed me that Jan 12 was one of the days that the MSP had "lost". I know that it's not the dealers fault, but I've call every other day for the last week and just now have been told about the "lost" papers. Now I'm going to have to wait at least another 4 days. Today has made it 32!! Yes, 32 days! Starting to get a little aggravated.....

But we should cut msp some slack.....

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    My paperwork was submitted on the 12th and I got the call to pick up today so be patient. your time will come.

January 17th (Handed it across the counter to a Trooper in Glen Burnie).

He said "I'll send this up too licensing tonight, they'll call you in about a week".

This system sucks money dick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom