• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I stopped in again at lunch today. I had to wait 30-45 minutes before they called my number, and when I asked about the gun, he went in back and brought it out. I noticed the date on their paperwork indicates it came back last Monday! I did noticed that they wrote down my cell phone number incorrectly. It doesn't however explain why I called last Thursday and Saturday and both times i was told it wasn't back yet. Needless to say, I won't be doing business with them again.

In any case, I took it to the range this afternoon and gave it a workout.

ugh, there's a few guys there that screw almost everything they touch up. they got rid of one or two bad employees recently and hired on some new help. I work there. Pm me if anyone here needs anything taken care of. i only work sat's during the school year, but will do my best to take care of the people here. Sorry i missed this thread, this last week i was moving from one apartment to another and didn't have access to or time for the internet.

Ask for "teacher rob"...there's about 6 rob's behind the counter. Making you wait an extra week because people on the phone were too lazy to look for a disposition or the people in the gunroom didn't put it with your paperwork, move the envelope to the "pick-up" bin and call you is inexcuseable. sorry bout that mdgolom. Lemme know if you need something via PM and you'll be automatic "next in line" while i'm working.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    ugh, there's a few guys there that screw almost everything they touch up. they got rid of one or two bad employees recently and hired on some new help. I work there. Pm me if anyone here needs anything taken care of. i only work sat's during the school year, but will do my best to take care of the people here. Sorry i missed this thread, this last week i was moving from one apartment to another and didn't have access to or time for the internet.

Ask for "teacher rob"...there's about 6 rob's behind the counter. Making you wait an extra week because people on the phone were too lazy to look for a disposition or the people in the gunroom didn't put it with your paperwork, move the envelope to the "pick-up" bin and call you is inexcuseable. sorry bout that mdgolom. Lemme know if you need something via PM and you'll be automatic "next in line" while i'm working.

Thats customer service!

MDGolom

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Smokey, is it policy there to charge everyone $20 for a gun lock even if it comes with one? They charged me for a trigger lock, but I noticed when I pulled the foam from the gun case, there was one already supplied by Sig. Not a big deal, but I was curious.

In the grand scheme of things the extra week didn't make a big difference, it was the annoyance of them telling me twice the paperwork wasn't back and it was sitting there. I'm just glad I stopped in and finally got it.
    Thanks

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Smokey, is it policy there to charge everyone $20 for a gun lock even if it comes with one? They charged me for a trigger lock, but I noticed when I pulled the foam from the gun case, there was one already supplied by Sig. Not a big deal, but I was curious.

In the grand scheme of things the extra week didn't make a big difference, it was the annoyance of them telling me twice the paperwork wasn't back and it was sitting there. I'm just glad I stopped in and finally got it.
    Thanks

Was the lock that was included a cable lock? If so, it does not meet MD's integral lock law rules.

MDGolom

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Was the lock that was included a cable lock? If so, it does not meet MD's integral lock law rules.

Yes, the Sig lock was a cable lock. Bass Pro gave me a trigger guard and something that goes down the barrel and locks into something put in the chamber.

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    Just browsed through this, but this is my way of doing it. I use the fax system, and very rarely don't have a response by the 6th day. However, if I do not get a response thios is how that is handled. If it is a repeat customer who has recently purchased a different regulated firearm with out any problem, out the door they go on the seventh day with the purchase. If it is someone I am unfamiliar with, I explain the circumstances and make a call to MSP. I explain that yes I legally can transfer the firearm, but if I get a call after they leave with it, MSP will be coming to take it. There would be no refund in that case, and they could risk felony charges. I explain that it isn't worth that chance over what could be a simple typo. I make the call asap and get a definite answer. There is no excuse for being more then 8 days. I have had applications go in with mistakes on them, and still had it cleared up and ready for the transfer by the 8th day.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Yes, the Sig lock was a cable lock. Bass Pro gave me a trigger guard and something that goes down the barrel and locks into something put in the chamber.

if the gun has an intigrated gun lock like taurus' and hk's and most revolvers anymore have then you won't be charged $20. if the gun you bought doesn't have an integral gun lock, we must sell a bore obstruction device with it. you'll either get the omega lock or the better visualock. The crappy red trigger guard is free and we have to have them on for the mall lease.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    if the gun has an intigrated gun lock like taurus' and hk's and most revolvers anymore have then you won't be charged $20. if the gun you bought doesn't have an integral gun lock, we must sell a bore obstruction device with it. you'll either get the omega lock or the better visualock. The crappy red trigger guard is free and we have to have them on for the mall lease.

Smokey, forgot to mention: this is a state law. You must have one leaving the FFL.

Now if you bring your own then thats a different story. ;)

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL

I've argued with alot of people about this. SUPPOSEDLY state law that you have to buy this with the pistol. This EXACT type of lock, unless it was made before 03 or something close to there. Even if you already have 10 of them your supposed to buy another one for the new firearm.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Just browsed through this, but this is my way of doing it. I use the fax system, and very rarely don't have a response by the 6th day. However, if I do not get a response thios is how that is handled. If it is a repeat customer who has recently purchased a different regulated firearm with out any problem, out the door they go on the seventh day with the purchase. If it is someone I am unfamiliar with, I explain the circumstances and make a call to MSP. I explain that yes I legally can transfer the firearm, but if I get a call after they leave with it, MSP will be coming to take it. There would be no refund in that case, and they could risk felony charges. I explain that it isn't worth that chance over what could be a simple typo. I make the call asap and get a definite answer. There is no excuse for being more then 8 days. I have had applications go in with mistakes on them, and still had it cleared up and ready for the transfer by the 8th day.

So are weekends included in those 8 days?

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Smokey, forgot to mention: this is a state law. You must have one leaving the FFL.

Now if you bring your own then thats a different story. ;)

Nope, same story. I've only met 1 FFL that will allow it, I wont throw a name out because I dont want them getting into trouble but the Cop Shop and Bass Pro just as expamples said they HAVE to sell it with the firearm, no matter how many you may already have. I think its an excuse to make more money.

EDIT: I KNOW its an excuse to make more money.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    So are weekends included in those 8 days?

The 8 days include weekends. The only thing is that a FFL can't transfer a regulated firearm on a Sunday. That part I do not understand since it violates separation of Church and State.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    The 8 days include weekends. The only thing is that a FFL can't transfer a regulated firearm on a Sunday. That part I do not understand since it violates separation of Church and State.

So technically my g/f should be able to take her pistol this friday then. Well saturday I guess. But they told her monday. I hate to tell her, but the seller probably wont even have the paperwork by then.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    If I did the paperwork on Monday, 11/01/2010, then the gun should be ready on 11/08/2010 IF the paperwork is back or IF the FFL is willing to release without the paperwork from MSP.

Like what midcounty has said about getting paperwork back by day 6, I was at a shop and the owner and employee were talking about some paperwork that was back from MSP in four or five days. Of course, the shop couldn't release the gun early.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    Nope, same story. I've only met 1 FFL that will allow it, I wont throw a name out because I dont want them getting into trouble but the Cop Shop and Bass Pro just as expamples said they HAVE to sell it with the firearm, no matter how many you may already have. I think its an excuse to make more money.

I think it might be a little CYA too, I have had 50/50 luck with the gun lock but cmon now whats the difference where the lock came from? any licensed dealers want to chime in on that one?

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I think it might be a little CYA too, I have had 50/50 luck with the gun lock but cmon now whats the difference where the lock came from? any licensed dealers want to chime in on that one?

The way the law is worded regarding the "integrated locking device", the law does not stipulate that the lock (ILS) must come from the selling dealer of the handgun (post 2002 mfg) nor does it state that the purchaser cannot bring in their own MD complaint ILS as long as it is compatable to the handgun that is being purchased. With this so-called knowledge, Shooter's Discount will allow a customer to bring in their own MD compliant ILS in good working order that is compatable to the firearm that the purchaser is picking up. There was a thread on this ILS issue back in June of this year.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

Those FFLs will not make get my business ;)

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    The way the law is worded regarding the "integrated locking device", the law does not stipulate that the lock (ILS) must come from the selling dealer of the handgun (post 2002 mfg) nor does it state that the purchaser cannot bring in their own MD complaint ILS as long as it is compatable to the handgun that is being purchased. With this so-called knowledge, Shooter's Discount will allow a customer to bring in their own MD compliant ILS in good working order that is compatable to the firearm that the purchaser is picking up. There was a thread on this ILS issue back in June of this year.

Thanks for clearing that up Lou

Those FFLs will not make get my business ;)

They didnt get mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom