• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Racinready300ex

Jun 3, 2009
    Well, I waited close to 90 days then my dealer said they would do the 8th day release for me so I picked it up last friday.

Go to the range, and can't chamber a round. Two of the six chambers are two small. So now I get to wait some more while it's being fixed.

Eam668

May 20, 2013
    Harford County,Md
    Hate to be a downer, but it's probably more like one-third of the way. People here are generally reporting about ninety days or so, not sixty-ish. I'm at around day 75 or so myself -- I don't even bother keeping count anymore. April 8th, however many days that is.

On the upside, I got my DC on Saturday. Whee! :)

Spoiler and you rub it in geeez, lol. I prefer to be close to my half way point. Cause once I get to 45-50 days it's nothing but a downhill wait.

MD2VANOW

Jun 4, 2013
    Mechanicsville
    Call me selfish if you want, but I don't have my firearm yet and I don't think anyone should be going on vacation when they are so far behind. My employer will not allow vacations if we are in the busy season, or if it is not conducive for the current workload. I'm just sayin.

RIGGS

Apr 20, 2013
    Baldwin
    Call me selfish if you want, but I don't have my firearm yet and I don't think anyone should be going on vacation when they are so far behind. My employer will not allow vacations if we are in the busy season, or if it is not conducive for the current workload. I'm just sayin.

True that, as a hvac tech no vacation may- sept. no one at msp should be taken vacation time til the backlog is cleared.

rivertamer

Apr 7, 2012
    MARYLAND
    Well it's not Rose's fault ...... maybe the politicians should not take vacations, but those that help us are entitled.
    She has been great about responding to our questions and helpful when folks call.
    Let's direct our frustration at the folks that are truly responsible.;)

Sent from my Galaxy S3

rivertamer

Apr 7, 2012
    MARYLAND
    Well from the looks of it this situation will only get worse as October approaches..... could be years without vacations of that is the case.
    I am trying to buy all I can now and be as patient as possible..... what else can we do.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

MD2VANOW

Jun 4, 2013
    Mechanicsville
    I hear you buddy. I am waiting to pick up my purchase and I will be moving to VA not long after. I feel for anyone that wants to purchase a regulated firearm after October 1as I will be in the 1 day club after I move. Hell, if I would have known back at the beginning of April that it was going to take this long, I would have just waited until I moved.

rivertamer

Apr 7, 2012
    MARYLAND
    Looking to move also... Southern pa.... not far away but across the Mason Dixon into the true land of the free...:D

Sent from my Galaxy S3

xcoastie

May 10, 2013
    Spoiler and you rub it in geeez, lol. I prefer to be close to my half way point. Cause once I get to 45-50 days it's nothing but a downhill wait.

I'm currently at day 50. Based on trends that I've been watching using a spreadsheet, I estimate another 60 days before the ND is issued (or not). That 60 days does not include the time that it takes the dealer to receive the fax'd NICS number.

In my opinion, the days of 60- or 80-day response periods are behind us.

My time estimates might be slightly pessimistic, since I'm assuming that my application will need to be reviewed. Better to prepare myself for it, rather than be unprepared and get a nasty surprise.

By the way---I called the MSP status recording every evening last week, just to be sure, and I can now confirm that the recording is updated sometime on Friday---or, at least that's the way it was last week. It wasn't updated any other time during the 7 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom