• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bang1964

May 3, 2013
    Ellicott City
    2A sales started releasing after 10 days. I am confident rest will follow, there are to many dealers releasing on time. Now the problem is going to be the dealers trying to catch up with current purchases.

Bang1964

May 3, 2013
    Ellicott City
    MSP notice to dealers,

"We have received requests for information from dealers regarding the release of Regulated firearms on the 8th day. These are applications in which guns are released prior to receiving a NICS number. Dealers releasing regulated firearms on the 8th day, that are on the fax program, will submit the MSP Copy of the Maryland State Police Application and Affidavit to Purchase a Regulated Firearm with a notice attached to each application with the following statement, “Eighth day release of a regulated firearm.” It is imperative that the written notice of an “Eighth day release” be attached, not written on the actual application to ensure that we process them correctly. "

It looks like they are accepting the 8th day release, they just want to know it the application is going to be released. I assume they will do a quick NICS check and notify the disapprovals within 7 days.

EHS1976

Mar 28, 2013
    USA
    Bang1964, read between the lines. Actually, not really. It's explicitly what must be done to release early. Although it is contrary to the annotated code and the COMAR, I hope all read this notice carefully.

Bang1964

May 3, 2013
    Ellicott City
    Bang1964, read between the lines. Actually, not really. It's explicitly what must be done to release early. Although it is contrary to the annotated code and the COMAR, I hope all read this notice carefully.

Does it mean only new applications that are sent in with the correct paperwork will be allowed to release on 8th day?

cmecha

Feb 10, 2009
    Not all ffl's have recieved anything. So maybe a new thread shoulf be made so that we know how has recieved the letter and who hasn't

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

EHS1976

Mar 28, 2013
    USA
    Bang1964, it doesn't distinguish between new and already submitted applications. Therefore, it is implied all applications for firearms to be released timely must comply with this requirement. It's a regulation promulgated without notice and comment from the public.

BigToe

Well Armed Vagrant
    Obviously my 3/7 didn't get done yesterday. Still no call.

Scarab

I guess this is just another reason to take EVERYTHING stated in this thread, and also by MSP with a grain of salt.

I am pretty pissed about this over principal, and I do have a couple firearms being held up, but I pretty much had what I needed before this whole mess. I'm just adding some stuff to my collection that I probably would have never purchased, if it weren't for the state gov. telling me I can't.

But I do feel bad for first time buyers, and if I were a first time buyer, or if I needed a handgun for a specific purpose (say a 410 revolver for snake control), I would be fuming right now.

Scarab

Apr 5, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    I guess this is just another reason to take EVERYTHING stated in this thread, and also by MSP with a grain of salt.

I am pretty pissed about this over principal, and I do have a couple firearms being held up, but I pretty much had what I needed before this whole mess. I'm just adding some stuff to my collection that I probably would have never purchased, if it weren't for the state gov. telling me I can't.

But I do feel bad for first time buyers, and if I were a first time buyer, or if I needed a handgun for a specific purpose (say a 410 revolver for snake control), I would be fuming right now.

This is my first firearm purchase. It has been a miserable experience.

Scarab

Lady Sunshine

Apr 21, 2013
    Finally got the call late last night, just picked up. 91 days from purchase and fax date to pickup. Here's hoping everyone still waiting gets theirs back soon.

piglet_74

Jan 18, 2013
    My wife's Taurus paperwork just came back. 3/8 submission. No reason it should have gone to review. We went through free state.

rafter.shop

Aug 28, 2011
    Washington County
    I think the reason we got hung up at the beginning of March is because the Senate passed the bill on Thursday, Feb 28th. So the weekend of March 2nd was probably the peak due to reactionary purchasing. I predict that sales began to taper off after that weekend, and wait times will begin to decrease for those who bought in mid March, onward.

My worry is that the same kind of spike will blow up the delays even more for purchases made when the bill was passed. Wasn't that 4/3??

Don'tTread13

Dec 19, 2012
    Bang1964, it doesn't distinguish between new and already submitted applications. Therefore, it is implied all applications for firearms to be released timely must comply with this requirement. It's a regulation promulgated without notice and comment from the public.

I was about to make a similar comment. They may want dealers to do this, but they'd be hard pressed to enforce this in any fashion as they haven't followed proper rule making procedures.

jaycee2004

Apr 17, 2009
    Cambridge
    I thought 64 days was bad, now I'm on day 79 I believe. Even though I already have one ND with him, no release until I get the ND on this one. Yea, I think I'm done with regulated purchases in this god forsaken state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom