• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FoxtrotAviator

Apr 7, 2013
    Better than I would have expected, at least for non-review... on Tuesday, they were doing 19 March, today they're doing 21 March, so that means they're almost up to a day-per-day ratio.

How depressing that that's considered an improvement...

Well considering 3/19th was a Tuesday , I wouldn't get too excited. I'd be willing to bet they'll be stuck on 3/23rd (a Saturday) for a good WEEK. At least. I'm 3/22 . And I just KNOW........MY P1$$ POOR LUCK is going to put me into review. Lets get that out of the way now...Because "Luck" is exactly what will get you into review or not.
    I cannot WAIT to be finished with this B.S. I see ALOT of people saying " Well. Here I go. Getting Back in line. Starting all over with my next purchase!" Well FU&$ THAT!!.... I certainly plan on making a few more purchases, but I know one thing? I WILL ONLY be going to whichever FFLs are allowing release after 7 days. Screw all this senseless crap. I will gladly pay MSRP + + . I'll drive to one end of the state THEN the other. I'll sign 10 waivers. Hula hoop while juggling and singing whatever song that FFL wants to hear.
    One thing is for certain. I absolutely will Not be taking my thousands of dollars I plan to spend to any of these dealers making us wait for the MSP to take HOWEVER LONG THEY WANT TO..

Johnshaw65

Jun 22, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    Well considering 3/19th was a Tuesday , I wouldn't get too excited. I'd be willing to bet they'll be stuck on 3/23rd (a Saturday) for a good WEEK. At least. I'm 3/22 . And I just KNOW........MY P1$$ POOR LUCK is going to put me into review. Lets get that out of the way now...Because "Luck" is exactly what will get you into review or not.
    I cannot WAIT to be finished with this B.S. I see ALOT of people saying " Well. Here I go. Getting Back in line. Starting all over with my next purchase!" Well FU&$ THAT!!.... I certainly plan on making a few more purchases, but I know one thing? I WILL ONLY be going to whichever FFLs are allowing release after 7 days. Screw all this senseless crap. I will gladly pay MSRP + + . I'll drive to one end of the state THEN the other. I'll sign 10 waivers. Hula hoop while juggling and singing whatever song that FFL wants to hear.
    One thing is for certain. I absolutely will Not be taking my thousands of dollars I plan to spend to any of these dealers making us wait for the MSP to take HOWEVER LONG THEY WANT TO..

Well said. I and many others agree with you. I plan to take my business to those dealers who release after 7-10 days. I am NOT going to patronize my current FFLs any longer. 3 months to wait for a gun purchase is ridiculous. It seems to only get worse as more and more people purchase handguns and regulated long guns.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    I just received this email from Ms. Brock, about 30 minutes ago.

"Good morning, we are processing application dated March 8th for individuals that are placed on review and March 21st for those that are not on review"

this is sad :tdown:
    From the MSP Facebook page on 5/17/13
    they were doing 3/15/13 for initial and 3/1/13 for second
    in 2 weeks time they have move 6 days of apps and 7 days of secondary

FoxtrotAviator

Apr 7, 2013
    Well said. I and many others agree with you. I plan to take my business to those dealers who release after 7-10 days. I am NOT going to patronize my current FFLs any longer. 3 months to wait for a gun purchase is ridiculous. It seems to only get worse as more and more people purchase handguns and regulated long guns.

Yep. I can handle 10 days too. No big deal. Tomorrow is day 70 for me. And I know ALOT of you are more than me. But I remember it wasn't very long ago I saw a post "Does a 70 day club exist?" And now its 80....probably maybe even 90 .
    Whatever happened with that one guy on here? He wrote his Representative. He contacted some Colonel with MSP. and that Colonel wrote back saying something like we hired this many people. We are working all these hours and all these days. And I'm almost positive he "guaranteed" no App would take longer than 60 days.....Took Some balls for him to say that. And that letter is on this thread somewhere. Where is that Colonel now?

I know my posts are all long winded. So I apologize for that guys. But DAMMIT I feel Violated. LOL....It's almost Not funny. But I have to laugh about it. And I know A lot (MOST) of you reading this post feel the same way. This thread is absolutely a form of therapy....I Couldn't imagine not knowing what was going on, and only relying upon the information my lazy FFL ISNT Giving me. And the anger is magnified each day this wait grows on. We didnt do anything wrong. I would say most of us probably follow the rules of life. I'm mad at MSP....AND the FFLS....AND the NRA (for not taking 2 seconds to post an official statement of this violation inflicted upon us) . I'm especially mad at the STATE OF MD ...But Mostly the Wannabe Commie Dictator living in the Governors mansion in this state .
    We live in one of the most 2a restricted States in the USA. In terms of our rights to carry and defend ourselves. And in terms of what we can own . Obviously it's not hard for our liberal lawmakers to create these laws preventing us from doing this and that. So I must ask.....WHY ARE FFLS NOT FOLLOWING THE LAW IN REGARD TO THE LITTLE FREEDOM WE DO HAVE LEFT.?
    If all FFLs would "Follow The Law" ..Release all firearms Not Disapproved within the 7 day waiting period. THE STATE would absolutely make the changes they need to make....Direct the resources the MSP ACTUALLY NEEDS To process this demand. Then everyone will be happy.
    Because after all....what incentive does the State of Md actually have to clear this backlog up? Right now it seems they can take as long as they want to. The State...MSP ...AND the FFLS (most ffls)have all dropped the ball here. And I'm tired of it.

raff696

Nov 1, 2008
    My new baby!

IMG_15601.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Purchased online GB.com Feb 28th
    Arrived at FFL Mar 5th
    Paperwork submitted Mar 6th
    ND Received May 30th
    Picked up May 31st

90+ days

Getting to shoot it at the range on a Friday night, Awesome:party29:

from now on FFL's that obey the law (Releasing on the 8th day), will get my future business!

BigToe

Well Armed Vagrant
    I just received this email from Ms. Brock, about 30 minutes ago.

"Good morning, we are processing application dated March 8th for individuals that are placed on review and March 21st for those that are not on review"

If this is the case, then they are just about 1:1 on days to process. On the 25th, the buzz here was that they were on 3/2 for in review, and it is taking 5 days to do 1 day of paperwork. Now it's 6 days later and they are on 3/8. With those not under review, it was 3/12 on the 25th, and they're on 3/21 now, so that is 9 days of apps processed in 6 days (ok, + or - because I'm not going to bother figuring out weekend overlap).

I think the reason we got hung up at the beginning of March is because the Senate passed the bill on Thursday, Feb 28th. So the weekend of March 2nd was probably the peak due to reactionary purchasing. I predict that sales began to taper off after that weekend, and wait times will begin to decrease for those who bought in mid March, onward.

Mar 12, 2013
    MoCo
    Though they say they are on March 8th that does not mean that all apps from 3/7 and before are complete. I spoke to then yesterday regarding my 3/4 app and was told whose desk it is on and that it will not be complete until Monday when he returns. That will put me at 91 days if it's processed and returned the same day.

Someone may have started working on 3/8 dated applications but I am left to believe they are processing numerous dates in parallel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom