• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    So we have really only one confirmed case of picking up a gun early? Thats the one from On Target with the pictured release form? No offense to that person but I want it confirmed a few times before I will email my FFL. I have the email ready to go, just waiting to see this get confirmed a bit more.

That is absolutely confirmed. I even spoke with their attorney.

Justin B.C.

Walken is a scary clown!!
    Dec 25, 2012
    Wtf? I just got off the phone with MSP and the lady said they were still working 2/24... at this rate I don't know if I'll see my 2/27 before the end of next week.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

TheKidd

Feb 21, 2013
    It doesn't hurt to ask...what do you have to lose? Just be respectful and courteous. I also think we might want to compile a list of the FFLs who will follow the law so in the future we can choose who we buy from or use for transfers.

Justin B.C.

Walken is a scary clown!!
    Dec 25, 2012
    Thanks. I am just butthurt because I saw the 2/25 dates in here and started getting excited. Lol

raff696

Nov 1, 2008
    :lol::thumbsup:

LOL! Yes, but I don't think it's intentional, I think it's total incompetence.

Scarab

Scarab I think you are right. one guy on here posted that he got a letter confirming they are on 2/26 for reviews... so how the hell are they still on 2/24?

the MSP or atleast the people that work for them are morons!

BunkerKing

5.56 ammo horder. . .
    Jun 5, 2012
    Land of the O's
    hell, i'll volunteer to help out MSP, just to help my fellow brothers in arms. I want to see what this process takes to complete. I honestly get the feeling that its a group of people hired through labor finders or and organization of such that brokers lazy people on probation. (no offense to those whom have actually needed to go through one of these companies). smoke breaks every 10 minutes and hanging out BSing at the coffee machine. trying to do as little as possible.

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    I just contacted Atlantic Guns Silver Spring store via the website Contact Us email process. This is what I sent.

"It appears that other FFL's are releasing guns that have been waiting on the MSP to return the applications for months and following the existing Maryland Law of 7 days. I purchased my hand gun from the Alantic Guns Silver Spring Store on 3/7/2013 AND paid in full at that time. I have been waiting 65 days (over 9 weeks). I'm wondering if you are going to start helping your paying customers obtain their firearm as stated by Maryland Law as it appears several other FFL's are doing at this time.

Thank you for attention to this matter and I look forward to your reply."

What do you think?

Scarab

I think it's great at the worst that could happen is they say "no" so really there's nothing to lose. You've waited 2 months already, I think that's enough loss!

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    Wtf? I just got off the phone with MSP and the lady said they were still working 2/24... at this rate I don't know if I'll see my 2/27 before the end of next week.

I know how you feel I am in the same boat. I called on day 62 and thought I would have my receiver by now. This is starting to piss me off!

Mx121

Jan 26, 2013
    Severn
    I talked to a lady yesterday and she said my 3/5 paper was under review due to my first name being common then said my last name not so common and the juvi system was down. So the juvi system was down thought that record was erased when we became adults? My first name being Michael yes that's very common. My last name only meet one other person with the same last name in md but spelled totally different and my ss# sure don't match anybody else's. so yeah I'd say they are making up crap as they go.

Lucca1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2013
    Behind Enemy Lines
    I bet you them folks over at MSP are following this thread! "Tell him 2/25" :popcorn::popcorn: "wait, tell them 2/26" :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: "ok, now lets go back to 2/24" :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom