• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I purchased a Remington R1 and submitted paperwork on 4/02. I was expecting the "not disapproved" sometime in early July.

I got a call from my dealer this afternoon. The gun is being released to me right now!

It seems they got a visit from the ATF today and were told it was OK to release guns to those who have waited more than 30 days, have recently purchased other regulated firearms, are military, etc.

I was shocked.

I'll try to get more details when I pick up the gun tomorrow and post them here.

The dam may be breaking!

I feel like throwing down the BU****IT flag on this one, but I'll give it one more day.

I want to know if this was a random visit or an annual visit. An annual visit means Jack Crap. A random visit would mean they are making the rounds to some local FFL's. But there a lot of FFL's in Notsomerrylandistan.

I'll really believe it when Bass Pro calls and says come and get your new toy since you bought a toy back in March and you're over 30 days.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I would really like to know what MSP does beyond NICS, which FFLs are allowed to do for non-regulated firearms only.

As we are aware NICS is an FBI nationwide criminal database.

As tax paying Maryland residents, under the freedom of information act, we should at least be able to know (facts not someones opinion) what checks they are making beyond NICS.

Anyone have a clue where to start inquiring to find this information.

It is not on MSP website - Phone calls get no info to conflicting information.

I want to see MSP "written procedure" for regulated firearm disapproved/not disapproved.

It is time for this "written procedure" to be reviewed for its value and potential waste of effort and tax dollars:mad54:

Call Eric Holder. He's quite the honest guy. He'll tell anything you wanna know. Just don't put him under oath first.

45-70

Jan 23, 2013
    North Central MD
    About my post #691 on the ATF visiting my dealer today and allowing them to release guns before the paperwork comes back.........

I'd have the exact same reaction and my BS meter would be pegging off the dial.

I'll try to get there when they open and see WTF is up. I should have more details before noon.

I was asked who the dealer was and I sent a PM to the requester with the dealers name. If the dealer is ok with releasing their business name, I'll include that in my post tomorrow.

Everyone has been led around and around the flag pole on this whole dang waiting period fiasco and MOMs anti 2A gun grab. I hope this is really a new development.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I purchased a Remington R1 and submitted paperwork on 4/02. I was expecting the "not disapproved" sometime in early July.

I got a call from my dealer this afternoon. The gun is being released to me right now!

It seems they got a visit from the ATF today and were told it was OK to release guns to those who have waited more than 30 days, have recently purchased other regulated firearms, are military, etc.

I was shocked.

I'll try to get more details when I pick up the gun tomorrow and post them here.

The dam may be breaking!

"April Fools," right? April 1, plus 58 days, that is. That would be about right, plus a couple of weeks.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    Looks like it is time to find a "New" FFL...:)
    I did. I've now patronized Engage and A1 with both regulated and unregulated. Much better people to do business with.

Name of dealer?

Who was the dealer?

Seriously, name of dealer. Don't tease me bro

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    Just got the call tonight. I can finally pick up my Kimber CDP.

Bought 2/23
    Christian Soldier sent the app in 3/3
    94 days / 86 days.

No offence to you, but I really hope you went in to review. Otherwise we all be fudged more than we thought.

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    transfer started 03.14... not disapproved 05.28... which i think comes to about 82 days.

sad part is this is legitimately faster than i expected.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Need more info on this atf visit....

my ffl neverresponded to an email i sent him awhile ago. Glad i wont have to deal with md anymore soon. I have a feeling though because of this last gun im still gonna have to put out more money in some way. It will be mds fault too. I hate this fuking state.

Ving

Feb 27, 2013
    Anne Arundel
    I remember about a month ago when applications under "review" were tacking on an extra 10-14 days. I've been in review now for 24 days on a 3/3 purchase. What are they "reviewing" anyway?

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I remember about a month ago when applications under "review" were tacking on an extra 10-14 days. I've been in review now for 24 days on a 3/3 purchase. What are they "reviewing" anyway?

Check your spelling.

It's spelled "delay" and "delaying".

Independence

long member
    Jul 16, 2008
    Nottingham

That's a question that I would be interesting to hear answered. Nothing in this process should be as secretive as it is currently and I'm a bit fed up by the whole process.

raff696

Nov 1, 2008

I was shocked.

The dam may be breaking!

Who is the FFL?

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    I spoke with MSP yesterday. They are working on 3/20 applications. It appears that they have slowed to processing one day per week. I'm on day 65.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom