• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    Not so sure, Ive never heard of a provision for any MD resident to take possession prior to the 7 days.

Oh yea. I forgot about that part. Oh well. The whole waiting period is dumb as can be anyway. Especially for someone who comes in with a gun already on their hip.

rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    86 Days Now.....maybe there's a big stack of faxes at the FFL from the long weekend....?

The only stack that got bigger is the stack containing backlogged applications. We're just another four days behind now.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    86 Days Now.....maybe there's a big stack of faxes at the FFL from the long weekend....?

Doubt it. The State laid off all of their employees. Now you can breath, I meant to say, they all had a non-paid day off on Friday, so nothing got done from Thursday until this morning. No paperwork other than the FFLs sending more to them. Just another way to add to the backlog.

Jim Smith

Ving

Feb 27, 2013
    Anne Arundel
    Doubt it. The State laid off all of their employees. Now you can breath, I meant to say, they all had a non-paid day off on Friday, so nothing got done from Thursday until this morning. No paperwork other than the FFLs sending more to them. Just another way to add to the backlog.

Jim Smith

Well, that definitley runs contrary to all the rumor/BS about MSP allocating more personnel and overtime to address the backlog. The longer this drags on the more it seems intentional.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    Im in the review pile for 3/11.... You guys think getting a NICS instant proceed while a regulated gun is being processed, on an unregulated 1522 would send someone to review?

45-70

Jan 23, 2013
    North Central MD
    I purchased a Remington R1 and submitted paperwork on 4/02. I was expecting the "not disapproved" sometime in early July.

I got a call from my dealer this afternoon. The gun is being released to me right now!

It seems they got a visit from the ATF today and were told it was OK to release guns to those who have waited more than 30 days, have recently purchased other regulated firearms, are military, etc.

I was shocked.

I'll try to get more details when I pick up the gun tomorrow and post them here.

The dam may be breaking!

gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis
    61 days for me. Seems short now that I am reading about all the 75-80+ days...

So they said they were working on 3-2? thya have been saying that for a long time- well over a week, I think.

ianmcall

Sep 21, 2011
    Damascus, MD
    I purchased a Remington R1 and submitted paperwork on 4/02. I was expecting the "not disapproved" sometime in early July.

I got a call from my dealer this afternoon. The gun is being released to me right now!

It seems they got a visit from the ATF today and were told it was OK to release guns to those who have waited more than 30 days, have recently purchased other regulated firearms, are military, etc.

I was shocked.

I'll try to get more details when I pick up the gun tomorrow and post them here.

The dam may be breaking!

Name of dealer?

RoKKboXXer

Feb 27, 2013
    Catonsville

I was shocked.

The dam may be breaking!

Who was the dealer?

freddie

Mar 20, 2013
    I REALLY do think they are taking their sweet ol time, 1 app per hour per person!

I would really like to know what MSP does beyond NICS, which FFLs are allowed to do for non-regulated firearms only.

As we are aware NICS is an FBI nationwide criminal database.

As tax paying Maryland residents, under the freedom of information act, we should at least be able to know (facts not someones opinion) what checks they are making beyond NICS.

Anyone have a clue where to start inquiring to find this information.

It is not on MSP website - Phone calls get no info to conflicting information.

I want to see MSP "written procedure" for regulated firearm disapproved/not disapproved.

It is time for this "written procedure" to be reviewed for its value and potential waste of effort and tax dollars:mad54:

Last edited:

moveweight

Feb 12, 2013
    I would really like to know what MSP does beyond NICS, which FFLs are allowed to do for non-regulated firearms only.

As tax paying Maryland residents, under the freedom of information act, we should at least be able to know (facts not someones opinion) what checks they are making beyond NICS.

I want to see MSP "written procedure" for regulated firearm disapproved/not disapproved.

It is time for this "written procedure" to be reviewed for its value and potential waste of effort and tax dollars:mad54:

love to read this :lol::innocent0:innocent0

RIGGS

Apr 20, 2013
    Baldwin

I was shocked.

The dam may be breaking!

That's like sayin hey I've got this great joke.....
    ZzzzzzZZzzzzzzZ

ianmcall

Sep 21, 2011
    Damascus, MD

Try:
    Captain Dalaine Brady
    Commander
    Maryland State Police
    Licensing Division
    443-629-3737
    410-653-4502
    dalaine.brady@maryland.gov

OR

Tom Williams
    Director, Planning and Research Division
    Acting Director, Inspection & Compliance Division
    Maryland State Police
    HQ 410-653-4254
    Cell 410-365-9283
    Annapolis 410-260-6101

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013

I was shocked.

The dam may be breaking!

That's like sayin hey I've got this great joke.....
    ZzzzzzZZzzzzzzZ

I was thinking more along the lines of

how do you keep a idiot in suspense

Tell ya tomorrow

:lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW