• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I'm a happy camper today. I called MSP to ask about my app. I was told that they processed my app yesterday on 9/3/13. Long story short about the waiting time with MSP:

Bought 4/27/13
    Faxed to MSP 5/5/2013
    ND on 9/3/13
    Faxed ND to FFL ????
    total of 130 days still counting and waiting. New record???

Nope, I've got you beat.

transferred 4/24/13
    faxed 4/24/13
    ND faxed to ffl 9/2/13
    Picked up 9/2/13

132 days if you count 4/24/13 since it was faxed at 10:15am.

I have another deal that's at 124 days and counting as well. Maybe this one will beat the 132 day record.

I've had 7 deals that went through private sales in the same amount of time. Hopefully, an 8th by this time tomorrow and a c&c for an HBAR on Friday.

This has gone passed crazy,
    Jim Smith

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    This is what's confusing, I hear people talk about Mrs. Brock and her time frames, then my dealer says his contact at the MSP are giving him a much different time frame. So what's up with that? I've read where Mrs. Brock has said a ND has been issued for a certain date , but the dealer hasn't received the ND a week or more after Mrs. Brock's date. Is it taking the MSP a week or more to fax out the ND paperwork.

I don't see why there's so much disparity.
    Jim Smith

ameridane

Jun 5, 2013
    Nope, I've got you beat.

transferred 4/24/13
    faxed 4/24/13
    ND faxed to ffl 9/2/13
    Picked up 9/2/13

132 days if you count 4/24/13 since it was faxed at 10:15am.

I have another deal that's at 124 days and counting as well. Maybe this one will beat the 132 day record.

I've had 7 deals that went through private sales in the same amount of time. Hopefully, an 8th by this time tomorrow and a c&c for an HBAR on Friday.

This has gone passed crazy,
    Jim Smith

The thing is that my ND hasn't been faxed to the FFL yet. I could though go down there and pick up my purchase since the FFL does release on time. But If I wait for the ND to be faxed, who knows how close to 10/1 it will be before the FFL will receive it? Do you count the delay in "Fax" time from MSP too since you already know about the ND? Or does the clock keep ticking away until the FFL receives the fax?

VAFarmboy

May 3, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Me:Hello,

I was looking at the webpage for applications for initial reviews and noticed it has not been updated since 8/23/2013. For applications for initial review what day are you on?

Thank You,

MSP:Good Afternoon,

We are currently processing applications dated 05/15/2013. Thank You.

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Since I post this the MSP has changed the page layout http://www.mdsp.org/Organization/SupportServicesBureau/LicensingDivision/MainLicensingPage.aspx. Also on that page the currently processing applications dated is 05/12/2013, some where there is a disconnect.

geoffnotjeff

Jun 5, 2013
    This is what's confusing, I hear people talk about Mrs. Brock and her time frames, then my dealer says his contact at the MSP are giving him a much different time frame. So what's up with that? I've read where Mrs. Brock has said a ND has been issued for a certain date , but the dealer hasn't received the ND a week or more after Mrs. Brock's date. Is it taking the MSP a week or more to fax out the ND paperwork.

I don't see why there's so much disparity.
    Jim Smith

This is bothering me as well. My FFL still has not recieved my ND - which i was told by MSP that i cleared as of Aug 18th. Yes, thats 14 business days, and still no fax to my FFL.

What the heck is going on??

May 4th purchase. 4 Months since paperwork was submitted, and i cant have my weapon. Crazy.

Yet my wife bought a gun last week and we picked it up already. Im tempted to cancel at Atlantic (even though ive paid in full) and buy at a 8 day release, i may get it sooner. ARGH.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    This is bothering me as well. My FFL still has not recieved my ND - which i was told by MSP that i cleared as of Aug 18th. Yes, thats 14 business days, and still no fax to my FFL.

What the heck is going on??

May 4th purchase. 4 Months since paperwork was submitted, and i cant have my weapon. Crazy.

Yet my wife bought a gun last week and we picked it up already. Im tempted to cancel at Atlantic (even though ive paid in full) and buy at a 8 day release, i may get it sooner. ARGH.

I just got my 5/2 stuff yesterday. Had to send an email to MSP so they would re-fax my ND. Got a hilarious response from them, but the ND was faxed.

geoffnotjeff

Jun 5, 2013
    I also spoke with them today, and they said they would refax, but it was faxed on 8-31. When i was in the shop 5 days later, and they say they dont have it, something weird is going on.

Faxes dont get lost. paperwork can, but if a fax goes thru it goes thru!

Llyrin

Yankee-Rebel
    Mar 14, 2009
    Charles Co
    Called MSP today and was told I'm in secondary review. My purchase date was 13 May and 2nd review is on 9 May, so, of course, I was told it should take another week to get through 4 days.

I have an FFL03 (C&R) and DC letter. I have two speeding tickets in my entire life and that's it. I DON'T have a common name. Since the MSI lawsuit was dropped, they have nearly doubled the amount of time it takes to bring back a ND, so I've come to the conclusion that the MSP review process is ********.

115 days and counting...

BatCountry9

Jun 3, 2013
    So I called MSP today and they said they're processing apps from May 18th, but my 5/14 purchase, which was faxed to them same day, has not been reviewed yet. They said it's in the system, but not in their records database or whatever yet (apparently they use two databases).

I'm new to all this so, what does that mean? Am I in secondary? Or has my application gone through and now I'm in fax purgatory? Atlantic Guns, Rockville said their receiving NDs from around May 10-13ish right now, so there's about a 5 day lag.

fordluver4x4

Jun 20, 2013
    Got the call from stateline for my May something purchase, thanks to Bollinger's for taking the transfer and releasing on time, I've had it since June!

madchestermonkey

Pond straddler
    Oct 10, 2012
    Lowcountry SC
    Got my call today. 5/13 purchase. Can't be bothered to figure out how many days that is, I'm just glad its over. Now my problem is i'm not going to be able to collect everything until Tuesday! Oh well, after this long 4 more days is not going to hurt any.

dspurlock

Mar 31, 2013
    Got my call today. 5/13 purchase. Can't be bothered to figure out how many days that is, I'm just glad its over. Now my problem is i'm not going to be able to collect everything until Tuesday! Oh well, after this long 4 more days is not going to hurt any.

btw- It is 115 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date of today.

I'm glad your ordeal is over, I fished up mine on Tuesday receiving my last lower that was purchased on May 12th. Enjoy :)

The Watcher

Armed and Medicated
    May 6, 2013
    Upperco, MD

Joe W

Sep 6, 2013
    Hello All, newbie here. I figured I would add some helpful info. Purchased on 5/7 from Continental, contacted Ms. Brock via email on 8/26 - she responded within hours that I was "under review" and that it would take 1-2 more weeks. ND on 9/3 (according to paperwork), received phone call and picked up on 9/5. 121 days.

ameridane

Jun 5, 2013
    I'm a happy camper today. I called MSP to ask about my app. I was told that they processed my app yesterday on 9/3/13. Long story short about the waiting time with MSP:

Bought 4/27/13
    Faxed to MSP 5/5/2013
    ND on 9/3/13
    Faxed ND to FFL 9/6/2013
    TOTAL OF 133 DAYS!!!!

If I wanted to get another one it would properly take a year for that release because of the HQL

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom