• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • battlecry

Feb 27, 2007
    This wait is painful. I'm going to ask Engage if there is room in their safe for a conjugal visit with my Colt during this extended 7 day period.

MDGUYANA

Mar 11, 2013
    the maryland law says 7 DAYS !

we marylanders are not exercising our rights; we are fat and lazy in every way; why are we settling for wait periods longer than 7 days? why am i who can legally get arms; are we going to be put on a terrorist list by OUR govt that lets terrorists gets arms illegally? why are we just typing on a forum and complaining? the boston marathon bombing just showed us all that OUR govt will NOT and does NOT protect us AMERICANS!!!
    i can't believe, and you won't believe me, but my local FFL gun dealer said THE FBI OVERRIDED the 7 day wait period; i asked how long does THE FBI say we AMERICANS must wait? THE FFL gun dealer said THE FBI SAYS "INDEFINITELY"; what in the hell country do we live in? when are you on this forum going to STAND UP? if you won't stand up, then why do you expect others to stand up for our rights?
    the dhs, fbi, cia can get arms at anytime; and NO WAIT PERIODS; and if you comment and say it's not true then you are completely lying; i know some who have already done it; now, some will comment and say that i should change my FFL gun dealer; and who does that help by saying that comment especially on a forum that RESPECTS OUR ARMS RIGHTS?
    let's stand up and say THE LAW SAYS WE GAVE OUR govt A WAITING PERIOD OF 7 DAYS TO CHECK AMERICANS AND NOW OUR govt IS VIOLATING OUR RIGHTS; i don't see maryland republicans standing up for us; i don't see MSI making a stand; i don't see NRA making a stand; i don't see even GOA making a stand; TIME TO EXERCISE OUR RIGHTS OR LOSE THEM ALL
    hmmm, will this post be deleted soon?
    GOD BLESS ALL AND IF WE DON'T STAND THEN WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SAY GOD BLESS AMERICA ANYMORE

my69rox

Jan 17, 2013
    Westminster MD / Hanover PA
    The wait times are so unreal , what happens when it gets to the warranty time of the fire arm . You just tell the maker or the person you bought from, I had to wait for my NICS . So sad !!!! I my self did a buy in Jan 5 got fire arm on Jan 25 , I then did my collectors checked again by state Police in Feb. March bought a Kimber 45 again checked , still waiting and in April bought a Kimber 9 mm again checked just last week did a Ruger 10/22 from Gunbroker NICS check right away ..all was ok , and I'm still waiting on my 2 Kimbers . just sad !! I feel like I don't even want the Kimbers any longer !! Rather have the money a get away from the USA .

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Apr 5, 2013

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    we marylanders are not exercising our rights; we are fat and lazy in every way; why are we settling for wait periods longer than 7 days? why am i who can legally get arms; are we going to be put on a terrorist list by OUR govt that lets terrorists gets arms illegally? why are we just typing on a forum and complaining? the boston marathon bombing just showed us all that OUR govt will NOT and does NOT protect us AMERICANS!!!
    i can't believe, and you won't believe me, but my local FFL gun dealer said THE FBI OVERRIDED the 7 day wait period; i asked how long does THE FBI say we AMERICANS must wait? THE FFL gun dealer said THE FBI SAYS "INDEFINITELY"; what in the hell country do we live in? when are you on this forum going to STAND UP? if you won't stand up, then why do you expect others to stand up for our rights?
    the dhs, fbi, cia can get arms at anytime; and NO WAIT PERIODS; and if you comment and say it's not true then you are completely lying; i know some who have already done it; now, some will comment and say that i should change my FFL gun dealer; and who does that help by saying that comment especially on a forum that RESPECTS OUR ARMS RIGHTS?
    let's stand up and say THE LAW SAYS WE GAVE OUR govt A WAITING PERIOD OF 7 DAYS TO CHECK AMERICANS AND NOW OUR govt IS VIOLATING OUR RIGHTS; i don't see maryland republicans standing up for us; i don't see MSI making a stand; i don't see NRA making a stand; i don't see even GOA making a stand; TIME TO EXERCISE OUR RIGHTS OR LOSE THEM ALL
    hmmm, will this post be deleted soon?
    GOD BLESS ALL AND IF WE DON'T STAND THEN WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SAY GOD BLESS AMERICA ANYMORE

Don't stand for that crap.

Grab your gun and give them hell.

I forgot, they still have your gun.

Never mind.

P.S. It's only going to get worse. When this new law kicks in it will be a 6 month wait from the time pen touches paper (application) to the time you can pick-up your new gun (background check).

Just think about it. When we pick-up our gun, it will be outdated technology. By then, newer and better guns will be out.

Kind of makes you laugh doesn't it?

Wait time question

I am fairly new at this. I made my 1st purchase and very curious & anxious! I purchased a Taurus Tracker .22/LR Revolver, and am waiting for the paperwork to come back. Now, I notice many people saying they are on a specific number of days in waiting. From what I understand, MSP has civilians working on getting the 'Paperwork' done & they are supposedly working 7 days/week. So, does this mean we are counting 'straight' calendar days or are we not counting Saturdays & Sundays? :confused:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    You really are new. They don't work weekends. Are you kidding? They are Maryland Government workers. 5 Days a week. With holidays, 4 days a week.

Yes. Straight calendar day count is what folks are talking about.

The 7 day wait is a business day/working day wait time. As in: mo tu we th fr mo tu or th fr mo tu we th fr.

Use to be 10 calendar days. With holidays, 11 calendar days. Add a snow day, 12 calendar days. Now add the fact that they really don't care about you getting your gun, it's 70 calendar days.

Starting Oct-1, it will be 150-180 calendar days and I'm not even kidding around.

Welcome to the club.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    and 7.1 hour days at that....

Minus coffee breaks. Taking a morning dump break. Gossiping breaks. Bitching about their wife breaks. Bitching about their husband breaks. Telling little Johnny just did whatever breaks. Telling little Suzy just did whatever breaks. And add in another afternoon taking a dump break and it comes down to 5.3 hour days.

I was going to mention taking donut breaks, but I refrained because that would have been too stereotypical.

All joking aside. They have an ass-load of paperwork right now.

It's not their fault that all forms of government are talking about screwing with all forms of Constitutional Rights.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Minus coffee breaks. Taking a morning dump break. Gossiping breaks. Bitching about their wife breaks. Bitching about their husband breaks. Telling little Johnny just did whatever breaks. Telling little Suzy just did whatever breaks. And add in another afternoon taking a dump break and it comes down to 5.3 hour days.

I was going to mention taking donut breaks, but I refrained because that would have been too stereotypical.

Don't forget meetings. They are a real productivity killer :D. 3 a day to talk about how many apps they received, processed and residuals and reports filed. Then email/phone call responses and statistics generation. A government operation that falls behind quickly spirals downward.

*** When any nation mistrusts its citizens with firearms, it is sending a clear message. It no longer trusts its citizens because the government has evil plans - George Washington ***

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Don't forget meetings. They are a real productivity killer :D. 3 a day to talk about how many apps they received, processed and residuals and reports filed. Then email/phone call responses and statistics generation. A government operation that falls behind quickly spirals downward.

*** When any nation mistrusts its citizens with firearms, it is sending a clear message. It no longer trusts its citizens because the government has evil plans - George Washington ***

I forgot about the statistics generation and e-mail/phone call response meetings.

I always forget about the statistics generation and e-mail/phone call response meetings.

I hate it when I do that. :banghead:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom