• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    I have one answer for you, switch to another FFL. If your FFL cannot even figure out what is and is not regulated, it is time to move on. The rest of it is just an additional headache.

Everything else is going to an IP here from this point on. What they are sitting on is regulated, so whether they file it or someone else files it, either way I'll be waiting, its just a matter of how much I want to pay in double transfer fees. I'm still waiting for a call back to ensure they actually filed my April app.

Broadside

Mar 20, 2012
    Virginia
    I'm sorry, but I am confused. Are you all saying that it is taking 60+ days to get your approval for purchase (i.e. not disapproved) of a regulated firearm?

I thought Maryland law said that the dealer could release the regulated firearm after seven business days if they had not received a "disapproved" from the MSP. Is there not one single FFL in the state that is willing to do this?

Independence

long member
    Jul 16, 2008
    Nottingham
    I'm sorry, but I am confused. Are you all saying that it is taking 60+ days to get your approval for purchase (i.e. not disapproved) of a regulated firearm?

I thought Maryland law said that the dealer could release the regulated firearm after seven business days if they had not received a "disapproved" from the MSP. Is there not one single FFL in the state that is willing to do this?

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=114975

Read that thread, my man.

Mossyoak

Never enough
    Jan 5, 2009
    Ceciltucky
    Not true. Since other states aren't under the gun like Maryland supply's are getting better there. So allot of Transfers are coming into the state right now.

Thanks
    Robert

Hey, you're the expert than, I can only report what I have witnessed. Let me climb back in my hole now.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Someone on this board said that MSP can process 300 apps a day and they are receiving over 400. That means (if I did the math right) if no more purchases, to clear the 60 day back-up would take 20 days.

Every month that goes by the backlog will increase by 10 days at the current purchase/processing rate. :sad20:

raff696

Nov 1, 2008

where have you been the past few months, in a cave?

you don't get out much, or at least read the forums!

mward

Ultimate Member
    Dec 4, 2009
    Annapolis
    Someone on this board said that MSP can process 300 apps a day and they are receiving over 400. That means (if I did the math right) if no more purchases, to clear the 60 day back-up would take 20 days.

Every month that goes by the backlog will increase by 10 days at the current purchase/processing rate. :sad20:

They actually sent an e-mail stating they received over 600 on the Monday they were currently working on. :sad20:

SFbrah

ლ(ಠ_ಠ )ლ
    Jul 30, 2012
    Perry Hall, MD
    And I am willing to bet that number is only going to continue to go up and up the closer we get to October 1 and the more people that obtain 0% interest credit cards between now and then.

LOL, exactly what i did to purchase everything i needed before the ban. 0% APR for 12 months....

Too funny.

first regulated purchase after December was 3/10, still waiting....

Not too funny.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    LOL, exactly what i did to purchase everything i needed before the ban. 0% APR for 12 months....

Too funny.

first regulated purchase after December was 3/10, still waiting....

Not too funny.

My first regulated purchase was on February 5th. Did the paperwork for it on 2/26 and I am still waiting. Did the paperwork on another one on April 4th. About to do the paperwork on 4 more. About to buy two more and have another two that are already paid for and in the process of being made and shipped late June. And I am still thinking about another 2 to 3 purchases before October 1.

Yeah, I might need that 0% credit card too before this is all over.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    day 45 for me on my first purchase, with a couple more backed up waiting on that. and before you ask, no I didn't submit any designated collector paperwork. hindsight is 20/20. I for sure wasn't planning on spending this much on this stuff this year, but the asshats in annapolis forced me into it.

lurker

Mar 18, 2013
    My last purchase I did my paperwork on 2/20 and I'm assuming they sent it in the same day, I picked it up 4/18 last week. I'm a real sick masochist because I'm putting myself through it all again for a new Glock 20, I have no clue when it will start since I just sent the payment out yesterday. I'm not holding my breath on getting it anytime soon. This will be the last gun I buy in this awful state. If these new hunting taxes, fees and requirements are passed I will no longer hunt in this state and will be taking my money elsewhere. I honestly don't even want to buy my fishing license just so it's that much less money for the state... but since there is no ammo I have nothing else to do. I personally can't wait to move to Wyoming as soon as the house sells and bid the whole east coast a fond farewell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom