• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    What percentage of applicants are getting reviewed? It seems like a lot of people here do get a review though. I am 3/12 - I should call or email, but will give it a few more days...

I am 3/11 and in review. to the best of my knowledge I have never gone to review before, but perhaps I did and it was just resolved in the normal 7 day window, I dunno. Mrs. Brock told me that since there were so many non-sworn officers helping with the backlog of paperwork, if one database of the infamous 17 is down that could kick it over to review, so maybe that's what is happening with so many in review. still sucks big time tho.

I am a programmer by trade, I am sure anyone could write an app for MSP in a couple of hours that would automate the initial check for them, but that just makes WAY too much sense.

Cliff P

Mar 22, 2013
    Bel Air
    I don't even know what the wife's wait status is. She purchased an SR45 for me some time ago, and Dan @ GC said the expected wait time is 45~60 days. I'll have to get with her to check on it. SOOO glad I'm having my long guns done as HBAR's.

RavensChick

Gun Loving Bitch
    I am a programmer by trade, I am sure anyone could write an app for MSP in a couple of hours that would automate the initial check for them, but that just makes WAY too much sense.

I too am a programmer and with the two of us, we could kick it out in no time flat.

(And just imagine the "easter eggs" would could put in it? :innocent0 :evilgrin3)

That said, my Glock 19 Gen 4 was purchased 4/13. I'm at 32 days...

bilbravo

Apr 30, 2013
    Baltimore (District 46)
    I too am a programmer and with the two of us, we could kick it out in no time flat.

(And just imagine the "easter eggs" would could put in it? :innocent0 :evilgrin3)

That said, my Glock 19 Gen 4 was purchased 4/13. I'm at 32 days...

Third programmer here. With the 3 of us we can do it in even less time.

I feel like quoting the scene in "Hackers" when they are talking about how fast they hack into some machine and everyone keeps saying "with me, we can do it in X minutes!" :lol2:

obnoxious2

Jan 18, 2013
    district 21 - hunger games
    Third programmer here. With the 3 of us we can do it in even less time.

I feel like quoting the scene in "Hackers" when they are talking about how fast they hack into some machine and everyone keeps saying "with me, we can do it in X minutes!" :lol2:

Database admin here. I can aggregate all 17 databases and have it feed to the NICs for them. Then they would have a one stop shop for everything.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012

But then you'd be going against the state's policy of obfuscation & delay....:innocent0

djmcmath

Feb 23, 2013
    Got my call today at 69 days. 3/8/2013 to 5/15/2013. I'll be dropping by to pick it up tomorrow.

Keep calling. Be friendly and respectful, but be sure they know that this isn't an acceptable situation.

rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Be wary of MSP streamlining this process. Just change

$query=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM REGISTERED_FIREARMS WHERE SERIAL_NUMBER='$SERIAL_NUMBER'");

to

$query=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM REGISTERED_FIREARMS WHERE SSN='$SSN'");

and hello police state.

Independence

long member
    Jul 16, 2008
    Nottingham
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Be wary of MSP streamlining this process. Just change

$query=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM REGISTERED_FIREARMS WHERE SERIAL_NUMBER='$SERIAL_NUMBER'");

to

and hello police state.

They already know and track that. May as well have the machine work for us for a change.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County

to

and hello police state.

You call your kid "Little Bobby Tables" don't you?

obnoxious2

Jan 18, 2013
    district 21 - hunger games

to

and hello police state.

I seriously doubt their databases infoobjects are that well organized.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom