• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I believe every person who sat through the training and paid their money should be reimbursed by the state. I know it won't happen but it should. Not only should they get their fees and training costs reimbursed they should be paid an hourly rate for every hour they sat in a classroom.
    And how will the hassle of having to get fingerprinted and pay extra for that ever be repaired?

Parry

Nov 22, 2020
    On my way out of Maryland
    I believe every person who sat through the training and paid their money should be reimbursed by the state. I know it won't happen but it should. Not only should they get their fees and training costs reimbursed they should be paid an hourly rate for every hour they sat in a classroom.
    HQL classes alone cost $200+ during 2020. Then add the fingerprinting, application fee, travel costs, time off from work….

44 Bulldog

Oct 25, 2012
    Dunkirk-Calvert County
    yep and we give all that money to MSI

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    14 days to make an appeal for an En Banc hearing. 90 days for an appeal to SCOTUS.
    And a giant FU is handing that decision down right before Thanksgiving. Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of this week are pretty much a wash, so they have 9-ish days. I’d do the same thing if I were that judge.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Supreme Court won’t answer, they will kick it back down the ladder. And the situation will remain the same. Sucks but we live in a Communist state.
    The SCOTUS does not like split decisions among the appellate courts.

The 2 things going for it:
    1) Maryland would petition for certiorari,
    2) the circuit split.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Let's suppose there's a scenario where the state magically agrees to refund all costs associated with those who complied with the HQL. Where does the state get that money?

Hint: it isn't from a pot at the end of the rainbow.

It's tax dollars. Mine and yours. And rest assured, one of the least efficient methods possible for covering/recouping that cost would be devised and employed.

So even in such a pipe dream where it would happen, pass.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Let's suppose there's a scenario where the state magically agrees to refund all costs associated with those who complied with the HQL. Where does the state get that money?

It's tax dollars. Mine and yours. And rest assured, one of the least efficient methods possible for covering/recouping that cost would be devised and employed.

Yes. They aren't going to take the money back from the instructors. It sounds kinda like "reparations"

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Supreme Court won’t answer, they will kick it back down the ladder. And the situation will remain the same. Sucks but we live in a Communist state.
    Yeah, no. If SCOTUS takes it, SCOTUS will rule on it, not remand it back down.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    HQL classes alone cost $200+ during 2020. Then add the fingerprinting, application fee, travel costs, time off from work….
    Yes, there were pirates that were charging $200 and more, but I never charged anyone more than $40 for the HQL class

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Poor people don't have lives worth defending, so who cares. (dripping with sarcasm)

****Yea, I help teach the HQL and W&C classes and after Bruen we opened up our classes to the public vs just our members (IWLA), and I could see some of my students were single moms or perhaps people of not much means as they asked if they could pay half on the first day, and the final half on the day of the qualification out on the range, etc.. after they got another paycheck, etc.. Of course we said yes, especially to a lady who took the bus to us and walked the rest of the way to our range house - I paid for her Uber back to her home as it was a crappy rainy day and I didn't want her standing out in the flippin' rain waiting on a bus with no umbrella....

We charged *much* less than pretty much anyone else for the first class (W&C) after Bruen - I believe $150 total including fingerprints, etc... as a way of getting more people the carry permit for the good of the community and to support the 2A, etc... We are non-profit and our instructors are all volunteers, etc.. We now only do the W&C and other classes I think only for members of our organization unless something special is set up in advance.

No question the costs associated with HQL and the W&C are very very much a financial burden on many people living paycheck to paycheck. The right to keep and bear arms is an enumerated right, and it is remarkable to me how many people really have major BGOS in our area and have the "If it pleases the Crown" mentality and do not or are not willing to fight against this HQL silliness.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    ****Yea, I help teach the HQL and W&C classes and after Bruen we opened up our classes to the public vs just our members (IWLA), and I could see some of my students were single moms or perhaps people of not much means as they asked if they could pay half on the first day, and the final half on the day of the qualification out on the range, etc.. after they got another paycheck, etc.. Of course we said yes, especially to a lady who took the bus to us and walked the rest of the way to our range house - I paid for her Uber back to her home as it was a crappy rainy day and I didn't want her standing out in the flippin' rain waiting on a bus with no umbrella....

We charged *much* less than pretty much anyone else for the first class (W&C) after Bruen - I believe $150 total including fingerprints, etc... as a way of getting more people the carry permit for the good of the community and to support the 2A, etc... We are non-profit and our instructors are all volunteers, etc.. We now only do the W&C and other classes I think only for members of our organization unless something special is set up in advance.

No question the costs associated with HQL and the W&C are very very much a financial burden on many people living paycheck to paycheck. The right to keep and bear arms is an enumerated right, and it is remarkable to me how many people really have major BGOS in our area and have the "If it pleases the Crown" mentality and do not or are not willing to fight against this HQL silliness.
    Good on you!

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013

I would gladly take my portion from the anti-gunners taxes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom