Jul 1, 2020
    Finksburg, MD
    IMG_3169.jpeg

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    They court could do the right thing and issue a mandate immediately, but they won't and therefore this will stay in place as long as they can possibly make it stand.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    They court could do the right thing and issue a mandate immediately, but they won't and therefore this will stay in place as long as they can possibly make it stand.
    That's not how due process works.

The State (Anthony Brown) has the right to an appeal of a decision that shatters their tyrannical position.

I believe every person who sat through the training and paid their money should be reimbursed by the state. I know it won't happen but it should. Not only should they get their fees and training costs reimbursed they should be paid an hourly rate for every hour they sat in a classroom.

That's not how due process works.

The State (Anthony Brown) has the right to an appeal of a decision that shatters their tyrannical position.
    Is there a timetable for how long he has to make that decision? It sure seems like any appeal would fall on deaf ears as far as the supreme Court goes since one of their earlier rulings was used to define this one.

JollyPedro

Aug 15, 2022
    St Mary's County
    Is there a timetable for how long he has to make that decision? It sure seems like any appeal would fall on deaf ears as far as the supreme Court goes since one of their earlier rulings was used to define this one.
    14 days to make an appeal for an En Banc hearing. 90 days for an appeal to SCOTUS.

14 days to make an appeal for an En Banc hearing. 90 days for an appeal to SCOTUS.
    So if he appeals to the supreme Court he'll wait the full 90 days which will keep the law in effect for three more months correct? And then however long it takes the supreme Court to address the appeal which could take much longer and during that time people's rights are being violated by the state of Maryland. Do I have that correct?

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Supreme Court won’t answer, they will kick it back down the ladder. And the situation will remain the same. Sucks but we live in a Communist state.

JollyPedro

Aug 15, 2022
    St Mary's County
    So if he appeals to the supreme Court he'll wait the full 90 days which will keep the law in effect for three more months correct? And then however long it takes the supreme Court to address the appeal which could take much longer and during that time people's rights are being violated by the state of Maryland. Do I have that correct?
    Doubt it goes to SCOTUS. I'm sure other blue states would discourage MD from doing so as that would set a nation wide precedence. Due process takes time.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Yeah, ummm, that's not how the federal court system works.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I believe every person who sat through the training and paid their money should be reimbursed by the state. I know it won't happen but it should. Not only should they get their fees and training costs reimbursed they should be paid an hourly rate for every hour they sat in a classroom.
    Since I was able to avoid such training, I think I will make a $50 donation to MSI as a symbolic gesture. I hold no hope for the state reimbursing me the fee for my HQL.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    14 days.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    He has 14 days to appeal En Banc first, if he doesn't then on day 21 the ruling takes affect. If he appeals En Banc, then we wait for that to be resolved. If, at the end, he does not get an En Banc review, he then gets 90 days to request Cert from SCOTUS. Not sure if the ruling takes affect in that time or not.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Supreme Court won’t answer, they will kick it back down the ladder. And the situation will remain the same. Sucks but we live in a Communist state.
    If the 4th Circuit refuses En Banc, and SCOTUS doesn't grant Cert, then we win and the HQL falls in it's entirety.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    That is what is called blue peer pressure.
    It works part of the time, it prevented DC from appealing the Wrenn decision, fortunately it didn't come into play in Bruen since our side appealed to SCOTUS.

It would be fun to think that several states are calling Brown and telling him to STFU and eat it.

It works part of the time, it prevented DC from appealing the Wrenn decision, fortunately it didn't come into play in Bruen since our side appealed to SCOTUS.

It would be fun to think that several states are calling Brown and telling him to STFU and eat it.
    This right here is the reason why our court system is broken. The fourth circuit can toss out a law in a blue state that violates our second amendment rights but the only people affected are the people who live within the states covered by the fourth circuit. In this country we're all supposed to be equal under the law so if the law is found unconstitutional in the fourth circuit states it most definitely is unconstitutional in every state. This is why any legislation that could potentially violate a person's constitutional rights should go directly before the supreme Court. In fact I'll go one step further. I believe that all levels of government should have to provide potential legislation that could violate constitutional rights to the court before it can even be voted on so that you don't waste time passing an unconstitutional act and no one's rights are violated.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    This right here is the reason why our court system is broken. The fourth circuit can toss out a law in a blue state that violates our second amendment rights but the only people affected are the people who live within the states covered by the fourth circuit. In this country we're all supposed to be equal under the law so if the law is found unconstitutional in the fourth circuit states it most definitely is unconstitutional in every state. This is why any legislation that could potentially violate a person's constitutional rights should go directly before the supreme Court. In fact I'll go one step further. I believe that all levels of government should have to provide potential legislation that could violate constitutional rights to the court before it can even be voted on so that you don't waste time passing an unconstitutional act and no one's rights are violated.
    Then start an Article V action to make it so the above can happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom