• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    It was before this all happened. I think the guy said 18k

Don't think the current crisis will effect MG prices. In fact, the most likely scenario to me that would involve NFA weapons would be to ban the future sale and transfer. In which case I think the price would probably plummet.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Don't think the current crisis will effect MG prices. In fact, the most likely scenario to me that would involve NFA weapons would be to ban the future sale and transfer. In which case I think the price would probably plummet.

I certainly hope that NFA items would not be included in any new proposed legislation. That would an attempt to fix a problem that simply does NOT exist. My main immediate concern is how any proposed legislation would affect items that are already in various stages of transfer.

And to your point of the prices plummeting due to a ban on sale and transfer......that would be a short term one time buying opportunity. I buy MG's to shoot.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I certainly hope that NFA items would not be included in any new proposed legislation. That would an attempt to fix a problem that simply does NOT exist. My main immediate concern is how any proposed legislation would affect items that are already in various stages of transfer.

And to your point of the prices plummeting due to a ban on sale and transfer......that would be a short term one time buying opportunity. I buy MG's to shoot.

You know I am all about buying MG's to shoot.

Agreed and if there was legislation passed saying in 3 months there are no more sales of NFA items, I think some of our friends with large collections would flood the market to get what they could while they still can. But it is all speculation right now anyways.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    I just dropped off a Form 4 for a MG transfer. The trooper told me "a couple of months." I hope he was just saying that so I wouldn't call and ask.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    I just dropped off a Form 4 for a MG transfer. The trooper told me "a couple of months." I hope he was just saying that so I wouldn't call and ask.

I gave up calling after getting told there are only certain days/hours you can call. I used the email <msp.licensing(at)Maryland.gov>

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

TheRealJimDavis

Jan 28, 2013
    The Burnie
    It depends on the form/item. MSP has different troopers for FORM 1, Vs Form 4, vs 77R etc. It's not just a general wait, it's a specific one. That being said, with the craze, they may all be doing regular paperwork right now, I don't know how it would go.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    It depends on the form/item. MSP has different troopers for FORM 1, Vs Form 4

Who told you this? I've done F1's and F4's and the same person did all of them, Christy Fair. Corporal Edwards is the one that signs everything, but Christy Fair has processed all of mine. From what I was told they have two people who do the processing. But its just chance who's pile your paperwork lands in. It's not dependant on form type. And no matter what, Corporal Edwards is the only one that signs them.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Who told you this? I've done F1's and F4's and the same person did all of them, Christy Fair. Corporal Edwards is the one that signs everything, but Christy Fair has processed all of mine. From what I was told they have two people who do the processing. But its just chance who's pile your paperwork lands in. It's not dependant on form type. And no matter what, Corporal Edwards is the only one that signs them.

This!!!

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    I spoke to Ms. Fair. They are on December now. Wow. She answered and was very friendly.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I spoke to Ms. Fair. They are on December now. Wow. She answered and was very friendly.

Christie is very helpful and a nice lady. :thumbsup:

I'm surprised that you report "they are on December now". My early January drop offs were all signed and returned in back in mid February.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Christie is very helpful and a nice lady. :thumbsup:

I'm surprised that you report "they are on December now". My early January drop offs were all signed and returned in back in mid February.

You have frequent flyer miles...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom