• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I recently posted about the turn around time for the MSP sign off on class III. Most answers, including the dealers was 4 to 6 weeks. No problem, I can wait.

I was completely shocked when I got home yesterday and had a big envelope from the MSP. I delivered on the 20th for sign off and received it yesterday the 27th. They dated it the 24th.

Now the ATF wait begins. I dropped everything off to the dealer this morning and they are sending it in. Dont ask me, that is the way they do it. Again, since is my first venture into NFA, I played the game their way.

BTW- it was for a Spectre II can.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I received an envelope from MSP yesterday also. They signed off 7 days after I dropped off my Form 4. LiveScan definitely speeds up this process. :thumbsup:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    C'mon, you know a topic like this is going to have the revocable trust crowd all over it. "Mine took 0 days!!!"

But, seriously, glad to hear they're speeding up. Maybe they could do my barracks transfers in 7 days (versus the current 3 weeks).

tim410

Sep 10, 2009
    Towson
    what the heck i havent gotten mine. Wonder if it takes longer when u turn in 3 stamp. been couple weeks

Weak_Hand_Only

Mar 17, 2010
    :D SWEET, I was just going to post about this very issue. I just dropped my Form 4 off this morning and was discouraged when she told me 4-6 weeks. Thanks for posting the info.

rmbstyle

Sep 22, 2012
    Anne Arundel County
    Awesome! I dropped my paperwork off at MDSP on the 24th, I was told about 4 weeks, but maybe next week then! :party29:

ETA: Nothing as of 10/6
    ETA 2: Just was told as of 11/5 that it could be another 3 weeks because they are so backed up.
    ETA 3: Received, 12/5

Last edited:

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    Yeah, I heard the 4-6 weeks speech on the 21st. Let's see if anything comes in tomorrow . . .

ETA: nothing in as of Sat. 9/29
    ETA 2: nothing on Monday 10/1. I will post again when they show up in the mailbox.

Last edited:

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    Well, six weeks and no Form1. I made some calls this week and the holdup is that the Livescan prints are in limbo. CJIS says it didn't get them, and American Identity Solutions said the reference number on the receipt proved they were sent. AIS has some CJIS contacts who are looking into what happened. So I can't confirm any MSP turnaround timeframe.

ETA: 11/9 AIS talked to CJIS. CJIS says that getting a CJIS reference # does NOT mean that the CJIS actually received the prints. AIS resubmitted and CJID confirmed the receipt. So we'll see. Another MDS member said MSP was at 6+ weeks turnaround.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    well, my form1 was in the mailbox today. Signoff was 12/14. My last status update from MSP was an email dated 12/14 telling me it made it to the officer's desk. He said there was a huge backlog, so I don't know if the Livescan screwup actually caused any actual delays.

To recap:
    9/21/ dropoff at MSP
    11/7 CJIS results letter date
    12/14 MSP signoff
    12/22 in my mailbox

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Dropped off my Form1 to MSP on 11/30. CJIS letter came early last week. Hopefully only another couple of weeks till it shows up signed. My average with them over the years has been 6-7 weeks from drop-off to return.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Boy thats crazy. I think I will call Rusty and do a trust if I get another. I think I got lucky.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Who do you call at MSP to check on status?

You need to call MSP's Firearms Licensing Division in Pikesville, the same place the forms were dropped off. Follow the automated prompts. You'll probably end up speaking with Christie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom