• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slumy__57

May 18, 2018
    Hampstead MD
    Mine was 63 days from submission to approval, and then another 6 days for it to come in the mail. I imagine it'll start trending back down once they start getting through the backlog

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    My app must have landed on the same sgt's desk. He's probably on vacation for the holiday. Check back in December:)

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I want to see the MSP defend only 51K applications approved, when their own numbering scheme has this year's approved carry permit numbers over 91K 93K.

We can SEE 93K Applications * started * , since 01/01/ 22 ( corrected) .

Background level before Bruen was +/- 25K active permits with G&S . Guesstimate that would reflect 10- 12K per year , allowing for turnover . Say maybe +/- 1K per month for generous round numbers . aka ~ 6K during above period

MSP is reporting having 20K apps pending as of 11/ 19 .

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

Background level before Bruen was +/- 25K active permits with G&S . Guesstimate that would reflect 10- 12K per year , allowing for turnover . Say maybe +/- 1K per month for generous round numbers . aka ~ 6K during above period

No, it's 93K permits approved based on the MSP numbering system.

Look at the latest approved numbers in the application tracking thread.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    “Please understand it is not necessary to contact the HGP section for a "status check" as you will automatically receive an email when your application moves to the next stage of the process”.

This is the message we got when I submitted my application. Guess we are just unlucky.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I'm getting sick of having to hose the blood off my truck every day. All that blood flowing in the streets just splashes everywhere.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I want to see the MSP defend only 51K applications approved, when their own numbering scheme has this year's approved carry permit numbers over 91K 93K.
    The 51K approved is since 6/23/22 when Bruen was issued (see the post on 2A MD). The 93K is from 1/1/22 the start of the year. There are 20K accepted applications currently in process which takes about 50 to 65 days to process so the total since Bruen to the end of the year should be about 70K and the total for the full year of 2022 will be about 110K to 115K.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    No, it's 93K permits approved based on the MSP numbering system.

Look at the latest approved numbers in the application tracking thread.
    What your not looking at is when someone applies it gives them an app number, that number is now done. When they approved they get a new number.
    If your the first to apply your number would be 00001, if 10 people applied by the time your approved you number would be 00012. You burned up number 1 with the app, they burned up the next 10. The next number to be used which happens to be your approval is 12.

A least this is what I am pretty sure happens, it makes no sense why they dont keep the same number for the approval and app, except maybe when approval happens in the next year.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    What your not looking at is when someone applies it gives them an app number, that number is now done. When they approved they get a new number.
    If your the first to apply your number would be 00001, if 10 people applied by the time your approved you number would be 00012. You burned up number 1 with the app, they burned up the next 10. The next number to be used which happens to be your approval is 12.

A least this is what I am pretty sure happens, it makes no sense why they dont keep the same number for the approval and app, except maybe when approval happens in the next year.
    Please don't guess.

We need the MSP to tell us their process. Sometimes their logic befuddles rational thought.

Georges2nd

Aug 30, 2022
    Upper marlboro

LAC_MD

Oct 18, 2022
    Towson
    I truly think the biggest spike has passed and the approval time will start to fall with it averaging down to 35-46 days within a few months.

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    “Please understand it is not necessary to contact the HGP section for a "status check" as you will automatically receive an email when your application moves to the next stage of the process”.

This is the message we got when I submitted my application. Guess we are just unlucky.
    And it's not necessarily true. I got an acceptance email and an approval email, nothing in-between

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom