MSP Got one... Instructor caught cutting corners, permits invalidated.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tootallslim

Aug 17, 2021
    The 16 hours is such a joke. The instructor here “cut corners” as well so now I wonder if my permit is in jeopardy? I’ve had it since July so if they sit in on a class and find they “cut corners” is it just that class they void or all previous classes?

ThisOrThat

Aug 6, 2020
    The 16 hours is such a joke. The instructor here “cut corners” as well so now I wonder if my permit is in jeopardy? I’ve had it since July so if they sit in on a class and find they “cut corners” is it just that class they void or all previous classes?
    All classes will have their license revoked

Brute

Unwitting Accomplice
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2020
    Laurel
    Odd how the response from many here is, "How can we meet this new 32 hour requirement? Airsoft drills?"
    The correct response is, "How can we most quickly bring this new infringement before the Supreme Court?"
    For some of "the many", there's financial incentive to increase the hours. If changes are brought up in the MGA, I'm curious to see who (if any) from "our side" will testify in favor of it. Maybe make a bingo card using the usual suspects from the incorrect training threads.

Jul 20, 2022
    Hereford, MD
    My wife did a class, very recently. The instructor declined to certify an individual who came the first day, did not return after lunch, came the second day, and qualified on the range. Instructor informed that individual could take it up with the range manager.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    I think the 2A community should form a Church," Church of the Blessed Ballistic " maybe. Then have all deacons be certified instructors. We can then DONATE to the tax exempt Church and use our training as a tax write-off.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    For some of "the many", there's financial incentive to increase the hours. If changes are brought up in the MGA, I'm curious to see who (if any) from "our side" will testify in favor of it. Maybe make a bingo card using the usual suspects from the incorrect training threads.
    Is "for the children" still the free space in the middle?

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I think the 2A community should form a Church," Church of the Blessed Ballistic " maybe. Then have all deacons be certified instructors. We can then DONATE to the tax exempt Church and use our training as a tax write-off.
    I thought it was the Church of John Moses Browning, reformed 1911?

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Genius if you can get it done legally. Fellowship Wednesday evening should be a great time for show and tell on the new guns everyone just bought. Training retreats. I could get into this idea. Do we get ordained clergy parking hangers?

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Would we then perform Shotgun Weddings ?
    I vote for full auto nuptials.

If I ever get married, I'm forcing my friend to get ordained so he can say "by the firepower vested in me by this here belt fed weapon, I do pronounce you husband and wife. Kiss her before I ventilate the whole wedding party."

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Airsoft drills?"
    If this was aimed at me because I said we would do airsoft. Let me clarifiy.

We would go play airsoft for 2 days, pistols only. I would call it training, and have fun doing the drills, playing normal airsoft, and one v one etc. I am sure almost everyone would have fun, and it could actually be educational ( not that I would care about that ).
    Call it what it would be pistol training while playing and having fun, cheaply.

sneakyt

Sep 22, 2022
    SoCo
    I am closely familiar with this particular situation. And yes, the instructor has gotten everyone in touch with a new QHIC at no charge and making every right. This person could have packed up shop and disappeared, but he choose to do the right thing and make sure everyone gets what they paid for. Those that were disapproved and/or invalidated, that have re-trained (Full 16hrs) have already been approved and/or re-instated!
    There are 41ish other instructors being investigated as well.
    'PTP' is one of the big ones that got caught too. This difference is they slapped him on the wrist and told him to re-train everyone (3k+ people), but they didn't take the QHIC from him.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It's a good thing the police aren't worried about crime these days. It gives them the time they need to harass the most law-abiding citizens around.

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    I am closely familiar with this particular situation. And yes, the instructor has gotten everyone in touch with a new QHIC at no charge and making every right. This person could have packed up shop and disappeared, but he choose to do the right thing and make sure everyone gets what they paid for. Those that were disapproved and/or invalidated, that have re-trained (Full 16hrs) have already been approved and/or re-instated!
    There are 41ish other instructors being investigated as well.
    'PTP' is one of the big ones that got caught too. This difference is they slapped him on the wrist and told him to re-train everyone (3k+ people), but they didn't take the QHIC from him.
    By buddy was in that PTP class... What I am gathering is they met the time standards, but not the delivery model... and he's being directed to redo the previously recorded sessions with live zoom

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    It's a good thing the police aren't worried about crime these days. It gives them the time they need to harass the most law-abiding citizens around.

Pretty frustrating isn't it - especially considering we have one of the most violent cities in the country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom