• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xref

May 9, 2013
    I thought I was at day 97 because I completed the paperwork on 4-12. However, I thought I would call my FFL and ask what day they faxed it in and was told 4-16. Crap, I thought I was getting closer but it seems I just took the preverable two steps backwords. Oh well, new count of 93 and a couple of more weeks it looks like.

I hear you. I'm 4/19, 92 days tommorow...

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Lastly, I hope MSP does nail any and every SOB that was stupid enough to complete paperwork knowing it would fail hoping they could slip through the cracks. I mean come on, your just a tornado of dumb to do that and should be sat in a cell next to Gomer.

Mostly I think it is people that have had a problem as a juvenile. Records that are supposed to be sealed but MSP accesses anyway. Plus most of them are probably PBJ outcomes.
    Once these people turn 30 they are in the clear. I do not see them being prosecuted.

AvidRider

Dec 3, 2010
    Stopped by Gander on my way home from OC to ask about 8th day release. The guys behind the counter stated that the Store Manager submitted a letter to corporate about a week ago, asking permission to release with NICS number, as MSP granted permission to release after 7th day.

I doubt Gander's corporate will grant the wish, but I certainly hope they do. I've got an MP15 Sport on layaway that I need to fill out the background application after picking up my MP40, but I don't want to wait another 100 plus days. If they don't release on day 8, I may cancel my order for the MP15, and go somewhere else who is honoring the on time release.

mad scientist

Jul 13, 2013
    WV now
    So on the MDSP website update on the 12th they were processing applications from April 10. 10 Days later the update says they are on April 13th. That is ten days to process three days worth of applications. At that rate it will take them another 112 days to get to May 20th when I bought my gun and, hopefully, my application was submitted.

Does anyone know if there is any provision in the new gun control bills to prevent them from applying the new laws to purchases if the background checks are not completed by Oct 1?

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    It was updated this morning, they are working on April 13 for first review and April 8 for second.

I'm April 13. 102 days. I'm getting so excited I might pee myself.

LexTalionis926

Jan 4, 2013
    So on the MDSP website update on the 12th they were processing applications from April 10. 10 Days later the update says they are on April 13th. That is ten days to process three days worth of applications. At that rate it will take them another 112 days to get to May 20th when I bought my gun and, hopefully, my application was submitted.

Does anyone know if there is any provision in the new gun control bills to prevent them from applying the new laws to purchases if the background checks are not completed by Oct 1?

As long as your paperwork was submitted before October 1st you're fine. You could technically go purchase an AR at the end of September and be fine.

mdram

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2011
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    It was updated this morning, they are working on April 13 for first review and April 8 for second.

I'm April 13. 102 days. I'm getting so excited I might pee myself.

from mrs brock this morning

Good morning, we are currently processing April 14th & 15th if you are not on review and April 8th & 9th if you are on review.

so give em a call

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    Anyone get 4/17 back yet?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Based on my conversation with Mrs Brock Wednesday they were almost done with the 17th.

I'm the 15th, in second review and she said I should clear by Friday.

My paperwork was signed on the 15th, but not faxed until the 17th, according to Mrs Brock I am in the 15th batch. Looks like if your FFL slips a couple days you may end up in the "right" day anyway.

Brian MD.

Feb 11, 2013
    MSP emailed me back this morning about my May 10th purchase and said I am in second review. Ther working on 5/5 and 5/7 for that. Got my collectors stays a month ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom