• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LexTalionis926

Jan 4, 2013
    Needless to say my next purchase will be with someone doing 8th day release. I got unbelievably lucky with my last purchases and got them back in less than 30 days out of sheer unexplained luck. I was the only gun connection customer that got my Not disapproved that quick.

Domino

Feb 22, 2013
    Calvert County
    Well stated - but it's still frustrating. Just checked the MSP website -- reviewing apps received 4/10. Filled out my app on 4/11 so looks like I still have some time to wait, depending when the FFL sent it in.

Last edited:

BIGCHRISS197

Jul 4, 2013
    Lol he has large sum of money basically sitting in a shop storeroom and cant enjoy it, I'd be pissed and and vent wherever i could too

mcornish86@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2013
    Baltimore County
    How many people did have working on apps before/after the lawsuit was "settled"? Still seeing improvements. Less apps but people are still waiting 90-100+ days. The lawsuit didn't seems to solve nothing!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

tigmaned

Feb 25, 2007
    Crofton
    (((almost all are working overtime weekdays and weekends in an effort to keep up with and get ahead of the tide)))

what are we suppose to feel sorry for them?? i am sure most of them are loving the OT seating behind a desk..

those that aren't happy with the OT doing this should tell MOM to let the FFL's to do more of the paper work so they can go out and be cops....

heck, i am looking at 10 more furlough days i can come out and help them on Fridays!!

U2999

Jul 14, 2013
    (((almost all are working overtime weekdays and weekends in an effort to keep up with and get ahead of the tide)))

what are we suppose to feel sorry for them?? i am sure most of them are loving the OT seating behind a desk..

those that aren't happy with the OT doing this should tell MOM to let the FFL's to do more of the paper work so they can go out and be cops....

heck, i am looking at 10 more furlough days i can come out and help them on Fridays!!

None of them, to the best of my knowledge, are asking for your sympathy. I'm sure if they could safely have a 1 day turn-around on your application and make the decisions (manpower, more efficient/consolidated processing, funding, etc.) that are made way above their heads they would. As far as "being cops" that's exactly what they are doing..investigating and conducting following ups. Because of the massive uptick in gun sales other types of investigations they would normally handle have been passed down us road troopers, with deadlines, along with meeting our normal patrol duties. As I said earlier they are all doing the best they can with what they have.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    None of them, to the best of my knowledge, are asking for your sympathy. I'm sure if they could safely have a 1 day turn-around on your application and make the decisions (manpower, more efficient/consolidated processing, funding, etc.) that are made way above their heads they would. As far as "being cops" that's exactly what they are doing..investigating and conducting following ups. Because of the massive uptick in gun sales other types of investigations they would normally handle have been passed down us road troopers, with deadlines, along with meeting our normal patrol duties. As I said earlier they are all doing the best they can with what they have.

I don't buy the whole "safety" argument if they're running NICS checks in addition to the other databases. How many people pass NICS yet fail the other databases? Of those who fail, how many fail for reasons related to violent crimes or violent tendencies? The real bad guys are already disqualified via NICS, and anyone in the middle can just buy something non-regulated. Plus, even if a person passes all of the checks, there's nothing to stop them from using the gun to commit a crime. It's all smoke and mirrors.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    If they cared about public safety,nics checks would be getting done immediately either by ffls or map,in my opinion someone is waiting for something bad too happen to make the next move to restrict or start confiscation,I beleive confiscation is the end goal,how else do you explain the registration scheme they have devised.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    Some people can still make a phone call and get there app.pulled and reviewed quicker,they feel they shouldn't have to wait like us civilians.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    we are not upset at the troopers, but the administration for lack of manpower
    as in a business the staff should be adjusted to meet the need
    ^This. +1 Who here can say they contacted MSP to find out their status and received anything but a professional, courteous response? Maybe not timely, but that goes with the current atmosphere.

4. Is there any I missed?
    Literally made me LOL. I have seen you post in several threads and thought I was re-reading the same thread multiple times :lol2:

If they cared about public safety,nics checks would be getting done immediately either by ffls or msp, in my opinion someone is waiting for something bad too happen to make the next move to restrict or start confiscation,I believe confiscation is the end goal,how else do you explain the registration scheme they have devised.

They being MoM and MD GA. Go DINO and help kick them out in a year and maybe by 10/1/14 we will have our current rights restored with maybe a few perks. I agree that the best compromise would be for MSP to release on a contingent basis by doing the NICS check day one and passing that info to the FFL to release the gun after 7 days while they take care of all the MD centric stuff, but I don't think that is within their power to do so unilaterally. So we end up with a fragmented dealer pool of those who release after 7 days, those who release with specific requirements and those who don't release at all.

Lastly, I hope MSP does nail any and every SOB that was stupid enough to complete paperwork knowing it would fail hoping they could slip through the cracks. I mean come on, your just a tornado of dumb to do that and should be sat in a cell next to Gomer.

Peartree

May 25, 2013
    Mt Airy
    I thought I was at day 97 because I completed the paperwork on 4-12. However, I thought I would call my FFL and ask what day they faxed it in and was told 4-16. Crap, I thought I was getting closer but it seems I just took the preverable two steps backwords. Oh well, new count of 93 and a couple of more weeks it looks like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom