• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    As a follow up to my earlier post with concern. I receive the "not disapproved" email this morning at 6:00am. In this case it took 8 days to get the approval which is consistent with what FFLs say is the process. It looks like MSP may have updated their online process to follow the same rules.

blankford

Apr 29, 2015
    Bel Air
    I know this has been asked before so sorry.

Do the 7 days it takes for your 77R to get "not dissapproved" count as the 7 day wait?

So I could give the gunstore my app# and pin# the same day I submitted my 77R and then go pick it up after I get "not dissapproved" on the 7th day?

kennyc01

Apr 30, 2008
    Gaithersburg, MD
    yep! you get the application number / PIN in email almost immediately after you complete the 77R.

I did my 77R on my laptop, got the app number / pin in email. And my FFL immediately enters that info into his computer. Pay the $10 fee and wait 7 days.

I think that's what you are asking...

blankford

Apr 29, 2015
    Bel Air
    So how could I explain this to the bozo's over at the Salisbury Gander Mtn?

They have no clue what they are talking about. I think I took them off guard when I called and asked them this and actually knew what I was talking about.

kennyc01

Apr 30, 2008
    Gaithersburg, MD
    I think it starts counting when the dealer/FFL links the purchase to your application.

Let's say you got your application number and pin on day 0, and your FFL linked the purchase to your application on day 0. You should get an email on day 7.

If you get your application / pin on day 0, but waited until day 3 to have your FFL link the purchase to your application. You should get an email by day 10.

blankford

Apr 29, 2015
    Bel Air
    I think it starts counting when the dealer/FFL links the purchase to your application.

Let's say you got your application number and pin on day 0, and your FFL linked the purchase to your application on day 0. You should get an email on day 7.

If you get your application / pin on day 0, but waited until day 3 to have your FFL link the purchase to your application. You should get an email by day 10.

Now that makes sense. okay. Well now to bite the bullet and drive the 2hrs to Gander Mtn TWICE. Ugh, so annoying.

Jul 1, 2012
    As a follow up to my earlier post with concern. I receive the "not disapproved" email this morning at 6:00am. In this case it took 8 days to get the approval which is consistent with what FFLs say is the process. It looks like MSP may have updated their online process to follow the same rules.

I did one last Tuesday and got the email this morning, Day 7.
    My "first time" and it seemed pretty straightforward.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD

It starts not when the dealer not only links you up, but when you pay the MSP via the payment portal. At that point the application will show up as 'submitted' in the dealer's portion of the process. There is no 'day 0' as per MSP description to me of the process (although one could argue this is just semantics). The submission day is day 1, day 8 is the exact same day the following week. Except for the Federal Holiday and Sunday exception business, it will be the earliest possible transfer date. You will/should get an email on either day 7 (the day before the 'Release Date') or early on day 8 indicating your approval status. One more thing: For MSP purposes, firearms 'Not Disapproved' status is good for 90 days from the time that status is given. For NICS checks, however, it is only good for 30 days from the 'NICS Date'...i.e. the date the NICS request was made by MSP. There is a procedure built into the system for a 'NICS Recheck' should 30 days be exceeded.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

Let's say you got your application number and pin on day 0, and your FFL linked the purchase to your application on day 0. You should get an email on day 7. You should be awoken at 5am by a no-knock raid before the 7th day, or get an email on day 7 that you are not disapproved.

If you get your application / pin on day 0, but waited until day 3 to have your FFL link the purchase to your application. You should get an email by day 10 if the black SUVs have not arrived before then.

Fixed it for you. ;)

:tinfoil:

blankford

Apr 29, 2015
    Bel Air
    Thought it was interesting to note that we are 83 days into 2017 and based on the MSP application numbering system it looks like about 19-20k apps have been submitted so far this year.

That averages out to 230 A DAY! That's quite impressive.

GeorgeSSR

Jan 31, 2009
    Fantastic. Requested a password reset about half an hour ago, got nothing in my inbox. Called MDSP and was told that the support hours are only M-F 8-4.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Fantastic. Requested a password reset about half an hour ago, got nothing in my inbox. Called MDSP and was told that the support hours are only M-F 8-4.

I've always gotten mine in a matter of minutes. I too would recommend you check your junk folder.

If it's still not there, you can go through the process AGAIN within the portal and request another reset.

Good Luck!

GeorgeSSR

Jan 31, 2009
    Did it twice, think I discovered an issue with the web portal and am waiting for a callback from Trooper Pickles(sp?). Wasn't an issue with spam filtering either.

Over the course of an hour (and a twenty minute lockout attempt) I tried to get a password reset email twice. To humor me my friend did it and got his email in a few minutes as well. On attempt seven or eight I finally got the password then got a message that makes me think there's an issue in their web app: my password was expired and had to create a new one. Immediately after getting that message I received a password reset email (note: only one, it wasn't queued up or anything, and this came in right after the "second factor" validation email). When developing this app I bet they had a "As a user I want to be able to reset my forgotten password" user story, but probably nothing like "As a user with an expired password...". I'm wondering where in the development cycle someone came up with the idea of an expiring password; my guess is towards the end.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I had an issue today as well. I couldn't log on. It wouldn't accept my password. I had just changed it last week, so I know I was inputting the correct password. I tried 3 times and then clicked on Forgot Password. I reset my password and I was able to log on.

I know my password was correct, because I record the new password and date each time it asks me to update my password. So maybe there is something going on with the portal.

:shrug:

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    This is it!:tinfoil: They're locking it down! :omg: Quick, get all the 80% lowers before they're gone. We were warned by the naysayers and hql holdouts...why didn't we listen?:sad20:

It's probably because I'm in the system now...and I have bad luck with these sort of things. You're all like the poor chumps who got in the grocery store checkout line behind me thinking the register wouldn't crash. :shrug: sorry folks!

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Ok...maybe I shouldn't have tried to make a funny about this...:o I logged in and had to verify the computer I was on (which is kinda weird since its the same one that I created the account on). They said they had emailed a confirmation number. I waited about two minutes (which is a freakin' eternity in internet time) constantly checking new mail and spam before clicking the link to send it again. Then I got both at the same time.

But...ultimately, I did get in. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom