• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I know I'm going to get chastised from a lot of people here for the following comments but here it is anyway.
    Seems to be a lot of excitement and jubilation the last few pages of applying on this new system. I just don't get the hypocrisy that flows through some people. This is just another infringement on our 2a rights. One extra hurdle to jump through. I know what you're going to say, it's just an email, just a pin #, just a credit card, etc.. More BS just to purchase a gun. Same people are fine with this are up in arms over a sign in log at a building. Signing a book is worse than supplying the state with your credi card number to a untested system? They do this shit in baby steps. One small infringement at a time. You can bet your ass they already have another step waiting in the wings. The liberals heads would explode if they put these steps in place to vote but we all take it on the chin. Yea, I know, it's what we have to do now but why get so excited about it? Rant over so flame away.

I agree with most of your points. Since the 7-8 day wait was originally created to allow the MSP to complete a thorough background check, why not do away with said wait now that MSP has entered the digital age? Also, why not incorporate the wear and carry app into the online system?

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    No, the 7-day wait was created as a "cooling off" period--as described in the debate and legislative presentations of the time.

It was designed to keep drunks, who had been thrown out of bar, from buying a gun down the street and returning to shoot up the joint.

Not that there was any record of that happening...

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I know I'm going to get chastised from a lot of people here for the following comments but here it is anyway.
    Seems to be a lot of excitement and jubilation the last few pages of applying on this new system. I just don't get the hypocrisy that flows through some people. This is just another infringement on our 2a rights. One extra hurdle to jump through. I know what you're going to say, it's just an email, just a pin #, just a credit card, etc.. More BS just to purchase a gun. Same people are fine with this are up in arms over a sign in log at a building. Signing a book is worse than supplying the state with your credi card number to a untested system? They do this shit in baby steps. One small infringement at a time. You can bet your ass they already have another step waiting in the wings. The liberals heads would explode if they put these steps in place to vote but we all take it on the chin. Yea, I know, it's what we have to do now but why get so excited about it? Rant over so flame away.

No flame intended, but I don't think folks were excited or jubilant, more so just reporting on the how the system worked. I, for one, was pleased (not excited) that is was as easy as it was. I was concerned that it would be complex and not user friendly. I filled out paper forms on friday and found the online much easier. Most, if not all, shops will have computers for customers and should help them the process. As someone else mentioned, I am sure the dealer will use a company cc if you don't have one.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

I can't say that' I'm excited or jubilant. I bought a handgun on line and the guy then tells me that I'd have to pay by USPS money order (no where listed in his ad). So I sent the money order on the 26th. The handgun hasn't arrived yet, so I thought I might as well get the new paperwork out of the way.

For me, it's just a means to an end. Since there is nothing that can be done at this time to repeal the law, it's their story and I'm just a character.

I am surprised that there hasn't been any hiccups reported yet. So maybe the only thing that excites me is the fact that they may have gotten something right for once.

PleaseEatSomePoo

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2009
    Baltimore
    You must complete one of these every time you THINK about buying a handgun. :lol2:
    Lol.
    huge_ugh.gif

vgplayer

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    King George, VA
    If we all just generated an application everytime we thought about buying a gun the application counter would roll over and all hell would break lose. I'm assuming 32 bit int so the number to strive for is 2,147,483,647

Ksichels

Glock Shooter
    Jan 11, 2012
    Carroll County, MD
    Went through the process EARLY this morning. Pretty much a piece of cake, as others have already said from their own experience today. Guess I'm the proud owner of number one....

Dear K###,

Your application has been successfully submitted to the State Police Licensing Portal Application Queue. Your application number is: 2017000001.

Hope that doesn't mean I'll be the first to get jacked by this new system; well that honor will probably go to the first to actually BUY a handgun and start the real process with their dealer/FFL. Good luck to that guy. I really do hope that this new systems works as planned. I'm optimistic based on what I've seen and heard so far. Let's keep our fingers crossed and give our MAP a chance!

:thumbsup:

Jul 1, 2012
    I am number 365.

I just got #33x, maybe you're 265?

If it works the way it's supposed to, this will be a YUGE improvement of the process, reducing error, manpower etc etc.
    Plus now there is insight for us peons as to where the application is in the approval chain.

Really the only gripe I have is that it doesn't seem to save/auto-populate some of the "constant" info that would make sense (physical characteristics for instance, HQL #, etc) but there may be a valid reason for that.

Fingers crossed that the 2nd phase (dealer) goes as smoothly.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    No, the 7-day wait was created as a "cooling off" period--as described in the debate and legislative presentations of the time.

It was designed to keep drunks, who had been thrown out of bar, from buying a gun down the street and returning to shoot up the joint.

Not that there was any record of that happening...

So then those who already own regulated weapons would have no need for the wait?

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    And on WBAL TV news, after the game tonight, they reported with MD's new online system "you can now purchase a gun online."

:facepalm: :banghead: :nono: :bs: :sign07: :sad20: :rant2: :tantrum:

How do stupid people get jobs like this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom