• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    some use the fillable pdf's and then print them out. They aren't submitted anywhere. The FFL keeps them until he goes out of business. Then he sends the to BATFE in Martinsburg, WV where they thrown in a big ol' warehouse to rot.

Attachments

• 4473 returns.jpg
      4473 returns.jpg
      70.6 KB · Views: 285

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    We will have two or three laptops available for customers to use. We will also help create free email accounts for customers who don't have them. And any other help needed will be provided.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    well, it seems rights are being restored. I bet some dealers will even use their own credit cards and accept cash.

problem solved.

whew!

StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery
    read the guide fellas and ladies. most of the answers are there.

Reading this guide about a dealer discount for buying two regulated guns at once, but then having to wait 60 days for another purchase. How does this even remotely pertain to any of the reasons brought up about the 30 day waiting period? :sad20:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Reading this guide about a dealer discount for buying two regulated guns at once, but then having to wait 60 days for another purchase. How does this even remotely pertain to any of the reasons brought up about the 30 day waiting period? :sad20:

Just apply to become a designated collector and you won't have to worry about this.

There's no rhyme or reason for many of the stipulations concerning our 2A right in Maryland, so don't even try to understand them.

StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery
    Just apply to become a designated collector and you won't have to worry about this.

There's no rhyme or reason for many of the stipulations concerning our 2A right in Maryland, so don't even try to understand them.

I got discombobulated and was thinking about the 7 day waiting period. Was going to delete the post but NM. I'm not buying two but I just thought it was goofy needing to wait twice as long when buying two. I'll look into the DC though.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    not to thread jack, but here is the DC affidavit. get it notarized. send it in.

/problem solved.

Attachments

• Collector Application Affidavit.pdf
      37.6 KB · Views: 122

StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery
    Actually I was reading the PDF to find out more information about the "I'm applying for some other purchase type". A manufacture is exchanging my handgun with the same model through an FFL but a different serial number of course. I was wondering if I should pick that or just the normal dealer purchase.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    I just went through the entire process from creating an account to submitting a request. Took 5 minute and I immediately got the PIN number. Looks to be pretty easy.

StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery
    I just went through the entire process from creating an account to submitting a request. Took 5 minute and I immediately got the PIN number. Looks to be pretty easy.

Well, don't try to read PDF's and forums while filling it out. I had the first page almost done and went to get a cup of coffee. Came back and it was timed out with no saved data. :o

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Are you sure about this? I seem to remember something about it being a "cooling off period". However, my memories dim more and more as the days go by. :rolleyes:

If the law says cooling off period, someone needs to file a lawsuit. Courts have ruled against them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom