• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Sometimes comparisons illustrate things very clearly. If you were to compare hacking someone's Facebook account to the PII security breach? That might make things crystal clear to the Sun!

Thanks in advance!

This breach, if as described, is pretty much like 30,000+ 77r applications (which contain name, address, ssn, gun purchases, etc) being out on a searchable public website. Think www.cars.com. Add a generic login whose password is shared by multiple people, so effectively published as well

SELECT name, address, ssn, employer, whatever from victimized_people_table where gun_model like 'ar-15'
    result: all name, address, ssn, employer who applied for a gun with a name containing ar-15; a shopping list for anyone who wants to steal a gun, or your identity, or whatever...

Mr H

Banana'd
    This breach, if as described, is pretty much like 30,000+ 77r applications (which contain name, address, ssn, gun purchases, etc) being out on a searchable public website. Think www.cars.com. Add a generic login whose password is shared by multiple people, so effectively published as well

SELECT name, address, ssn, employer, whatever from victimized_people_table where gun_model like 'ar-15'
    result: all name, address, ssn, employer who applied for a gun with a name containing ar-15; a shopping list for anyone who wants to steal a gun, or your identity, or whatever...

Yes.

If you have purchased a firearm in the past year (that we know of)....

Are you pissed yet?

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yes.

If you have purchased a firearm in the past year (that we know of)....

Are you pissed yet?

Not too happy :) People need to go to jail over this one, and stay there!

30,000+ people should be pissed, and that is only counting the group of directly victimized individuals!

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    I am beyond pissed. I missed out on a good evening with friends on Wednesday; while I was actually at Camden Yards, I spent more time on MDS via TapaTalk than I did actually watching the game. I had to book quite a few hours of PTO this week due to being honest about the impact it had on my work output.

At the same time, I am still constantly reminded of this, based on the reactions from our elected officials:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom