• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keystone70

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    HoCo
    Put me down for the morning. I may need to switch to afternoon, but I'll try to do morning since you need the most help, then.

Longvisit

Jan 2, 2013
    Fantastic. I think you'll find it rewarding and enlightening!

Just let us know whether you want to do the first or second half (I believe first needs the most help right now).

Anyone else interested in pitching a hand, it really is more effective than just pitching a fit.

I can do either half as long as I know by Friday night which one you need. Otherwise I'll just assume I'm doing the first half.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Our current setup:

Staffing:
    EL1227- Setup-2:30
    MXRider- 2pm- 6:30pm
    ARay- 2:30-6:30pm

You need to update this MX with the two volunteers.

I am trying to get free to make the hour drive down since no one else wants to step up.

269 views so far and only 5 volunteers so far??? :mad54::mad54::mad54:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Cross posted in Central MD for Southern PG county folks and in Southern MD section as well.

KingGeorge

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 30, 2013
    I can't believe we're having problems staffing this event. We should be beating people off with sticks.

Come on people, this is Senator Mike Miller's district, yes the President of the Senate, the one who personally shepherded SB 281 through the Senate, the same one who called for a re-do vote when an amendment to crack down on violent felons who used a gun in the commission of a crime went "the wrong way", the same Mike Miller who has Beretta in his district.

He has a partially rural district. Not everyone would support his views. But not everyone knows about what he did - to them. This is our chance to tell them.

Why aren't people climbing all over themselves to educate his constituents in his own back yard?

Because people in this state just like to complain and do nothing. There's more passion arguing on this forum than passion for going out and doing something about it.

But anyways what would I be doing just passin out flyers or something?

Mr H

Banana'd
    The main things we try to accomplish at these events are to engage as many folks as possible to inform them of the latest information, and helping people realize that everyone's rights are now in danger.

Some of it is handing out info, some is providing updates... but mainly we are there to put a face on what we do, letting them know we are working for them, and to answer any questions they may have about the state of 2A in MD.

OK... and a little bit of talking folks down from the ledge.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    How early can one come in to set up ? I got an invite to a birthday party and depending on how early it is I might help set up then go to the party .

I plan on getting there around 9:30. We need to be set up and have removed our vehicle(s) NLT opening at 10:30.

Glad to have the help ...

If you can do the AM shift with me, send a PM with your cell # and I'll do the same.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Put me down for the morning. I may need to switch to afternoon, but I'll try to do morning since you need the most help, then.

I have the 'booth kit' with me now. I plan on getting there around 9:30. We need to be set up and have removed our vehicle(s) NLT opening at 10:30.

Glad to have the help ...

If you can do the AM shift with me, send a PM with your cell # and I'll do the same.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    If I come, will someone buy me a pony ride?

I saw that they have one that is just your size ... the one unsaddled on the right. :lol2:

Attachments

• EJ The Cowboy.jpg
      EJ The Cowboy.jpg
      40.8 KB · Views: 68

Mr H

Banana'd
    Our current setup:

Staffing:
    EL1227- Setup-2:30
    Keystone70 setup-2:30
    Longvisit- setup-2:30

MXRider- 2pm- 6:30pm
    ARay- 2:30-6:30pm
    Mr H- ~1PM to close

Turns out my plans for PA got yanked at the last minute.

I'll come on down and pitch in, and close up the show. Wife might be along as well.

We may also have additional help from a Morony or two.:D

I know a couple other folk have offered to pitch in, but I'm not finding their names at the moment.

Being an outdoor event, does anyone know if having a dog along would be an issue??

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Turns out my plans for PA got yanked at the last minute.

I'll come on down and pitch in, and close up the show. Wife might be along as well.

We may also have additional help from a Morony or two.:D

I know a couple other folk have offered to pitch in, but I'm not finding their names at the moment.

Being an outdoor event, does anyone know if having a dog along would be an issue??

I should be there between 2 and 2:30. Wife will likely be with me and quite possibly my 15yr old son.

Regarding dogs, I know they were plentiful at Bowiefest and can't really imagine that would be a problem.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Yeah, I'd be shocked if they were a problem either. I say bring the woofer. He'll attract visitors to our booth!

Mr H

Banana'd
    Thanks to all who came out today!! Was a gorgeous afternoon, and we had a good crew.

It was good to see some fresh faces, and get some good information out.

Wasn't the busiest of events, but we did get to open a few eyes.

I do worry a bit about the woman who said, "Oh I don't need that right. I don't think anyone does."

A special thanks to Del. Smigiel, for his contribution of a box of pocket Constitutions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom