• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    We held elections yesterday, and our new president has asked me to share this with you:
    Saturday, I was elected as the new MSI President. I am grateful for the honor that our membership has bestowed on me as President and thankful for the confidence that you have shown in me. I am also grateful for the tireless efforts our prior Presidents, including most recently Dan Blasberg, on behalf of this organization. We all owe them our heartfelt thanks for the groundwork that they have laid and for the enormous amount of work they have done. Looking to the future, as a lawyer and a Second Amendment advocate, I know better than to make promises that I can’t keep. But, in accepting this position as President, I commit to you my best efforts to further the goals of this organization and to advance the Second Amendment rights of our community and the citizens of Maryland. In that vein, I will be working closely with our counsel in the HQL lawsuit that we are about to file in federal district court. We will be vigilant in our desire to safeguard our legal rights and, if more suits are warranted, we will not hesitate to take up that challenge to the best of our ability. I will be there in Annapolis, with other Second Amendment organizations and our members, to defend our rights before the Maryland General Assembly. Finally, as we go forward, I pledge to listen to you, our membership. MSI, as an organization, is formidable and working together we can strive to make it even more so. I look forward to a successful year ahead. Mark W. Pennak, President, Maryland Shall Issue.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Congrats to Mark, and thanks to Dan, who truly committed himself, 110% to the cause, and gave so much over the years. Two good men.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

shacklefordbanks

Mar 27, 2013
    Saturday, I was elected as the new MSI President. I am grateful for the honor that our membership has bestowed on me as President and thankful for the confidence that you have shown in me. I am also grateful for the tireless efforts our prior Presidents, including most recently Dan Blasberg, on behalf of this organization. We all owe them our heartfelt thanks for the groundwork that they have laid and for the enormous amount of work they have done. Looking to the future, as a lawyer and a Second Amendment advocate, I know better than to make promises that I can’t keep. But, in accepting this position as President, I commit to you my best efforts to further the goals of this organization and to advance the Second Amendment rights of our community and the citizens of Maryland. In that vein, I will be working closely with our counsel in the HQL lawsuit that we are about to file in federal district court. We will be vigilant in our desire to safeguard our legal rights and, if more suits are warranted, we will not hesitate to take up that challenge to the best of our ability. I will be there in Annapolis, with other Second Amendment organizations and our members, to defend our rights before the Maryland General Assembly. Finally, as we go forward, I pledge to listen to you, our membership. MSI, as an organization, is formidable and working together we can strive to make it even more so. I look forward to a successful year ahead. Mark W. Pennak, President, Maryland Shall Issue.

Congratulations Mr. Pennak.

I truly do not want to be snarky nor am I trying to be an antagonist just to cause trouble, but I hope whatever lawsuit you bring has a real chance of being successful. If you plan on dragging out some grandma who got shot because she couldn't get a concealed carry license to rehash Woollard v Gallagher, you are going to lose. You should go to the heart of the Second Amendment and argue that the average Joe Blow with MINIMUM training and MINIMUM cost can carry a handgun in public, either concealed or openly as per the State's prerogative, for self defense as long as they pass a background check. I believe it's not only your only shot at winning, but the truly moral path to take for a true Second Amendment advocate.

Once you scare the pants off MD's gun prohibitionist with open carry being a real possibility, then you just might see a change in their attitudes about concealed carry.

BTW, I am NOT a Charles Nichols sock puppet.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I couldn't make the meeting as I had to purchase a new car yesterday.

Can anyone give a rundown if it was discussed if MSI will go back to fighting the restrictions on conceal carry? Some had talked, on here, about changing the name of the organization. Was that discussed?

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD

Can anyone give a rundown if it was discussed if MSI will go back to fighting the restrictions on conceal carry? Some had talked, on here, about changing the name of the organization. Was that discussed?
    Name isn't changing and we will continue to fight from every front we can

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville

MSI has never stopped fighting the restrictions on concealed carry. If you are referring to legal action, I think we need to focus on the HQL lawsuit for now, then we can look to the future. We as always are bound by our resources when it comes to legal action.

Changing the name of the organization was not brought up yesterday, but the board HAS discussed it the recent past. It is a complex issue, and probably not one that will be tackled in the near future.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    HQL

MSI has never stopped fighting the restrictions on concealed carry. If you are referring to legal action, I think we need to focus on the HQL lawsuit for now, then we can look to the future. We as always are bound by our resources when it comes to legal action.

Changing the name of the organization was not brought up yesterday, but the board HAS discussed it the recent past. It is a complex issue, and probably not one that will be tackled in the near future.

I'm a newbie so excuse my ignorance why is the HQL more important then CCW? HQL is nonsense but maybe less of an issue then CCW.

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    I want to thank those who dedicate their time and talents to MSI. Congrats to the newly elected officers and board members.

I always seem to have an excuse not to make it to the meetings, and yesterday I had to watch my granddaughter all day (truthfully). Maybe I'll make the next general meeting.

Last edited:

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016

Thanks...I never articulate myself well on here but that is what I was referencing. Budgets and legal focus are important. Especially in a state like MD.

I don't think what happened in Missouri this past week will ever happen in MD. You need a conservative legislature and that is not happening in our lifetimes in MD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom