• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    The MSI Annual meeting will be held on September 17 at the Annapolis Elks Lodge (2 Pythian Drive Edgewater, MD 21037)

Executive Members meet from 1:30p-3:00p

Sustaining/Regular Members meet from 3:00p-5:00p

During the Executive meeting, executive members will be able to nominate, and vote on the open positions. This year we have 3 Board of Directors positions up for vote, as well as all of the officers (as is done each year). Below is a list of each position and the associated responsibilities. If you want direct input into how MSI is run and want to help it succeed in the future, please consider running for one of these positions! We welcome competition!

Board of Directors (3 positions)
    The board of directors is charged with steering the organization to be well managed, ensuring the goals of the organization are currently being met, as well as ensuring they continue to be met in the future.

President
    The president of the organization is the central figure who performs tasks aimed at developing the organizations vision, holding interviews with the press, as well as keeping a close eye on 2A related current events and responding accordingly.

Vice-President
    The vice president assists the president in his duties, and steps in for him as needed.

Treasurer
    The treasurer is responsible for general financial oversight. Those duties include maintaining the books, developing a budget, reimbursing expenses, etc.

Secretary
    The secretary is responsible for assisting the board to ensure it functions smoothly. The secretary is responsible for taking minutes, managing emails, and other clerical tasks as required.

The board and the officers meet once a month to discuss and plan MSI business. There is also frequent email communication between the board and officers.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, or contact us at info@marylandshallissue.org

Is it possible to know ahead of the meeting as to whom is running for different positions?

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    Presently all of the current positions are running for re-election except for Frank's BoD seat, for which we will accept nominations at the meeting (as well as anyone challenging any other open position).

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Never got one (ever) and I've been an EM since '10. Re-upped just after the offering of the.380. Why don't ya love me any more?
    Shoot me an email with either your real name or username. Also verify that you are properly listed as an EM

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Presently all of the current positions are running for re-election except for Frank's BoD seat, for which we will accept nominations at the meeting (as well as anyone challenging any other open position).

Michael Burke has nominated himself for that open seat and we have had another person nominated, but we don't have verification that they accept the nomination. (reaching out to them now)

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I should make the executive meeting, but cannot stay longer than that.

Looking forward to it.

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    I'm optimistic that tomorrow's MSI meeting will be a sort of watershed event. I have had issues with the structure and operation of MSI in the past. It would serve no useful purpose for me to relitigate them here.

Frankly, I think the membership dues are too low for an organization that wants to undertake major initiatives. And any changes that serve to expand decision making opportunities will prove very healthy.

Opportunities for involvement will, I think, continue to expand. An important take-away should be that our success will be contingent on active involvement in various initiatives, not in simply making an annual dues remittance. I'm looking forward to changes that will add to the platform that will enable us to be more, do more.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I have been to the last 4 or 5 MSI meetings. They don't last long and much can be learned. Unfortunately, many months ago (before tomorrow's meeting was scheduled) my wife scheduled out of town guests for this weekend. The Mrs. has put up with many a night I have been sitting at the HPRB meetings, our local improvement association meetings, business travel, a few Patriot Pickets, numerous weekend shooting matches, and a fishing trip here or there and never complained - well at least not too much. So I myself can't make this Saturday's meeting. Nevertheless, I encourage any member to attend if you can spare a few hours. It is worth it.

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    I look forward to your involvement in the future of MSI. I'm serious. I see how that could be seen as sarcastic, but it isn't.

I didn't take your comment to be sarcastic. I think its OK to call out someone who might be nothing more than a keyboard warrior.

My personal involvement goes well beyond annual dues, both finanially and in terms of invested time and energy. If you'd like to explore that PM me. Or look me up tomorrow at the open meeting.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Ballots were emailed out to all EM'S last week.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I must have fallen off the list. Maybe I didn't pay dues this year? Usually am pretty good at this (and know I've given over $100 this year in different MSI fundraisers). When you're not busy with ten other things, can you check if I need to re-up on fees, and if yes, is there a link at the MSI website to do this? I won't try to crash the meeting tomorrow, but want to stay current with dues.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I must have fallen off the list. Maybe I didn't pay dues this year? Usually am pretty good at this (and know I've given over $100 this year in different MSI fundraisers). When you're not busy with ten other things, can you check if I need to re-up on fees, and if yes, is there a link at the MSI website to do this? I won't try to crash the meeting tomorrow, but want to stay current with dues.

PM Sent

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom