• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    I live in the middle of a neighborhood in Huntingtown and one of my neighbors who lives in the back by the woods likes to shoot sometimes. Never seen any cops come to their house while they were shooting and I have the urge to go up there one day when they are shooting and ask if they can use some more guns and ammo.
    My neighborhood is also one of the loudest there is every 4th of July thanks to me and a couple of my neighbors, we like to fire off tons of cannon salutes and special fireworks from out of state. Never had any problems from the other neighbors and never had the police show up(knock on wood).

paxfish

Ultimate Member
    Nov 11, 2008
    Culvert & Points West
    Shooting suppressed is a great idea. Also - CCI .22LR cartridges out of a bolt rifle are great. They also will cycle a Rem 552 semi auto and are very quiet (and accurate).

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Shooting suppressed is a great idea. Also - CCI .22LR cartridges out of a bolt rifle are great. They also will cycle a Rem 552 semi auto and are very quiet (and accurate).

I had a neighbor that didnt like me shooting squirrels with my pellet rifle...she had her husband come up to me when I was shooting them one day and asked not to shoot towards their house cuz they have kids around...:rolleyes:( I knew they had kids...I saw them playing all the time)...Im surre thats why she sent her husband up:rolleyes:....well anyway I started using cb's in my suppressed .22 and never had another problem with the lady complaining...and many squirrels died...I always shot up through the trees...or pointed to the ground where the bullet would hit only ground..

Chris0nllyn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 6, 2012
    Calvert County
    I live in the middle of a neighborhood in Huntingtown and one of my neighbors who lives in the back by the woods likes to shoot sometimes. Never seen any cops come to their house while they were shooting and I have the urge to go up there one day when they are shooting and ask if they can use some more guns and ammo.
    My neighborhood is also one of the loudest there is every 4th of July thanks to me and a couple of my neighbors, we like to fire off tons of cannon salutes and special fireworks from out of state. Never had any problems from the other neighbors and never had the police show up(knock on wood).

Do we live in the same neighborhood? :innocent0

You on the Patuxent side of Rt.4?

nyu04

Mar 5, 2009
    Maryland

what neighborhood are you in? maybe I'm your new neighbor :D

Yea, I plan to either shoot my M&P 15-22 with my spectre or a cz 455 with standard velocity cci (if I can ever find any, that is)

Zaicran

MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2010
    Morganza, MD
    Im stuck in Hampshire....upside down on my house by 45K....as soon ss I can though its going on the market so I can move to NO VA

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 with Tapatalk 2

nyu04

Mar 5, 2009
    Maryland
    Im stuck in Hampshire....upside down on my house by 45K....as soon ss I can though its going on the market so I can move to NO VA

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 with Tapatalk 2

hear you on that man, we're upside too big time. We will be renting our house in waldorf for now :(

Citizen

Red Man in a Blue State
    Nov 9, 2012
    Calvert Collective, PRM
    Live up against the Constellation power lines in PF. Used to shoot a lot out back. But they put up a development where a farm used to be across from me. So, I don't shoot much out back anymore, just test fires & sighting. Someone about a 1/2 mile up the line on the opposite side pops 'em off regularly though. No issues.

btw OP - welcome to the neighborhood (it's getting too civilized in this neck of the woods!) ;)

kookymonstir

Feb 8, 2011
    St. Leonard Md
    Congratulations on getting out of Charles. I made the move to Calvert myself about 7 years ago for pretty much the same reasons. I'm in St. Leonard. I can't say I regret the move. I love it here. I dont have a place to shoot where I am so you got me there...:envy: This county seems like it's the last bastion of conservatism this side of the bay.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    Congratulations on getting out of Charles. I made the move to Calvert myself about 7 years ago for pretty much the same reasons. I'm in St. Leonard. I can't say I regret the move. I love it here. I dont have a place to shoot where I am so you got me there...:envy: This county seems like it's the last bastion of conservatism this side of the bay.
    Really? Y'all got the biggest wooded ghetto in Maryland!

nyu04

Mar 5, 2009
    Maryland
    Live up against the Constellation power lines in PF. Used to shoot a lot out back. But they put up a development where a farm used to be across from me. So, I don't shoot much out back anymore, just test fires & sighting. Someone about a 1/2 mile up the line on the opposite side pops 'em off regularly though. No issues.

btw OP - welcome to the neighborhood (it's getting too civilized in this neck of the woods!) ;)

Thank you sir! Not sure if this is the new subdivision but we almost bought a house off of wilson road called the farms in hunting creek w QBHI. We had a good lot picked out with woods/open space behind us but decided not to last minute - mainly because of the small lot sizes and HOA (can't even shoot your bow)..

Hey bud, hopefully my neighbors won't call the cops on me - if it works out and I can find some flat ground to shoot - I'll let invite ya :)

Zaicran

MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2010
    Morganza, MD
    hear you on that man, we're upside too big time. We will be renting our house in waldorf for now :(

Ugh,,,I hate renting property out. Did that with my townhouse in Hawaii (Kaneohe Bay) for about 18 months and said screw it, sold it. Not worth it...even renting it to military only. Pain in the ass and no matter how nice the people are, they tear it up.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    King George is looking better and better each day.

I looked into it recently before we moved. It is more cost effective in VA, but I couldn't handle the bridge commute. Forget it if there is an accident.:sad20:

If you could find work in VA, that would be the way to go.:thumbsup:

SHOTTAS

Sep 29, 2012
    Waldorf, MD
    We just recently moved to waldorf. It sucks being in a HOA!!! But the schools and location was prime us. My family lives in Nanjemoy and that's where we shoot at. No issues at all and everyone in Nanjemoy shoots often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom