• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Lots of great neighborhoods in Baltimore.

Federal Hill
    Canton
    Mount Vernon
    Hamilton/Violetville
    Hamden
    Mt Washington
    Roland Park

There are a few others but these are the best.

Search out these hoods and you'll be happy. The first 3 listed have really bad parking issues though.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    The best neighborhoods in Baltimore are hellholes. Sorry, but it's true.

Move there when you're 24 and you think it's a grand adventure. In a few years, you'll start planning to escape. A few years later still, when you do escape, you'll vow never to go back. You'll have a case of PTSD to remember it by. You will be scared for life.

Sharp

Feb 21, 2015
    Calvert
    Thanks all for the tips. I have a good deal of time before I move still, so I will be spending a lot of it vetting locations. And I will be sure to look into a handgun now. That's a skill I always wanted to improve.

I'm hazarding a guess but are you coming to Baltimore for advanced education opportunities?

No, I am actually completing a master's degree right now. I am starting my first permanent job in the area. And for those who said don't move to MD, the best competing offer was in California...

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      38.3 KB · Views: 110

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Please consider donating to the legal defense fund to support the UNITED CHALLENGE OF THE MARYLAND FIREARMS BAN[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT]

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    And for those who said don't move to MD, the best competing offer was in California...

Maryland is a small state, depending on your job location you may be able to commute from PA, VA or WVa.
    With that being said , we need all the help we can here so be sure to register to vote and get involved once you get here.

Turbo2Point4

Feb 19, 2012
    Thanks all for the tips. I have a good deal of time before I move still, so I will be spending a lot of it vetting locations. And I will be sure to look into a handgun now. That's a skill I always wanted to improve.

No, I am actually completing a master's degree right now. I am starting my first permanent job in the area. And for those who said don't move to MD, the best competing offer was in California...

California would have sucked, other than the nice weather. Maryland isn't all bad, the majority of the state is pretty nice. There are certain bad places like other states have, Baltimore is one of the bad areas in Maryland. Taxes suck, and so do the firearm laws.

S&W19

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Lots of great neighborhoods in Baltimore.

Federal Hill
    Canton
    Mount Vernon
    Hamilton/Violetville
    Hamden
    Mt Washington
    Roland Park

There are a few others but these are the best.

Search out these hoods and you'll be happy. The first 3 listed have really bad parking issues though.
    Kidding, right? I grew up in Roland Park. Beautiful neighborhood, but full of limousine liberals. And who can afford that neighorhood? If I had that kind of scratch, I would have a sprawling estate in southern PA and do the commute.
    Roland Park and Homeland pay the majority of the city's taxes. Everybody else just lives off of them.
    Best bet is live in the county, pay less taxes, automobile insurance and live with more normal people.
    Oh, and I do commute to Baltimore City every day from Baltimore County. Takes me 20 minutes to get to my office if I leave home at 7:00am.

Sharp

Feb 21, 2015
    Calvert
    I got to drive around Baltimore a bit when I was there a few months ago for interviews and saw that the commute doesn't seem terrible, especially during the right times of day. I did go to the inner harbor to see the Torsk and Taney and got stuck in rush hour on the way out, but even that was far from the worse I've seen (I hate Chicago so much).

ELLICOTT

Feb 28, 2015
    Hello Maryland Shooters!

New guy from the Midwest here trying to get ready for the move. I'm from Wisconsin and have been living in Indiana for some time, so this is my first time living out east and in a ban state, so I'm trying to make sure I can keep one of my favorite hobbies going.

Only have one banned firearm (BCM4) and I've had it since 2012, but nevertheless it seems like the info here will be very helpful.

Also, if anyone has any helpful tips for a young couple starting off in the Baltimore area, they would be much appreciated :)
    Welcome! I'm new here also but seems there are lots knowledgeable people here. I'm married to a MN girl myself. On Target is a good indoor range,I belonged to it before the 22 ammo dried up here. I have lived in Maryland all my 55 yrs. My son and daughter in law live in Baltimore,they love it. They are near Fells Point area,married and no kids so the pubs and festivals are fun for them. I pray you guys enjoy the state and can find a way to enjoy some safe firearm fun here somehow. I have been doing more air gun shooting as of late. Have a blessed day.

Drew1340

Nov 30, 2010
    AA county
    welcome, sorry to see your coming from Midwest, I have family in Wisconsin, awesome place, I miss it terribly.
    try your best to make do with what Maryland is...

breimer273

Jul 25, 2013
    SOMD
    I moved here from the midwest as well, not by choice I must admit. Welcome and enjoy your time away from America! :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom