• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    A quality handtruck ior appliance dolly like the ones made by Magliner, preferably the heavy duty ones with airless tires. Some ratchet straps to lock it on the hand truck and some friends with steel toe boots and healthy backs. It is paramount that the hand truck and the safe are secured very tightly.

44 Bulldog

Oct 25, 2012
    Dunkirk-Calvert County
    Friend and I moved his safe @ 600lb with this just the 2 of us, very easy.

Attachments

• IMG_3412.jpeg
      IMG_3412.jpeg
      255.1 KB · Views: 56

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    How do I move a 600 lb safe from my driveway to inside my house. I have a 1 level house.
    The best way is to build an extension to your house around the safe. The real question is what do you do with the bloody thing when you're ready to move away from this wretched state? As many have already pointed out, the best way to see Maryland is in the rearview mirror!

In all seriousness, I t took the door off of my safe and carried it down to my basement with the help of the delivery person. (I paid extra to have it delivered and moved downstairs.) Even though he was supposed to deliver it and move it, there is no way he could have done it by himself. If I'd been an 80-year old man, it would have been interesting to see how it would have played out.

jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    My safe was in a room with carpet. I was having the carpet replaced and hardwood installed. I used carpet slides under the safe and moved it to another room. Once the hardwood was installed I cut squares of the old carpet and slid the safe on the new floor using the carpet. Harbor Freight sells a lift table with a hydraulic lift. I moved a 600 pound wall oven with it. I had to tilt the safe up onto a 4X4 and tilted it up the other direction and slid the cart under the safe. I was able to move it out the front door and moved the cart to the porch and repeated the process twice. One step out the door and one off the porch. The lift table will lift 500lbs and raise it up to 271/2 inches. Get it at Harbor Freight and take advantage of their return policy.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    HOW will the safe travel to the house? Pickup truck, Box truck with lift gate, equipment trailer?

This is the first step in how to move it into the house. To me, this will dictate the equipment needed to transfer it from mode of transport to your house door and beyond.

If I were doing it at my house for example, it would be moved as close to the house as possible with this.

1702863445881.jpeg

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    Dolly, pallet jacks, sections of steel pipe to roll it on. Even borrow a pallet jack. Maybe a sheet of 3/4" plywood. If this all fails then go to Home Depot and get a truck load of Mexicans.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    My safe was in a room with carpet. I was having the carpet replaced and hardwood installed. I used carpet slides under the safe and moved it to another room. Once the hardwood was installed I cut squares of the old carpet and slid the safe on the new floor using the carpet. Harbor Freight sells a lift table with a hydraulic lift. I moved a 600 pound wall oven with it. I had to tilt the safe up onto a 4X4 and tilted it up the other direction and slid the cart under the safe. I was able to move it out the front door and moved the cart to the porch and repeated the process twice. One step out the door and one off the porch. The lift table will lift 500lbs and raise it up to 271/2 inches. Get it at Harbor Freight and take advantage of their return policy.

What fvcking wall oven weighs 600 lbs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    I move mine by myself with some 2' lengths of steel conduit. I wrapped a layer of masking tape on the pipe as not to scratch the new floor, just like a candy cane stripe of tape. Then I tilt it, push it at the top and kick the pipe under it. It's easier with a helper but I can do it myself when I have to. You'll be able to swivel it and turn it. If you have to move it sideways into place then you just turn the pipes the other direction and move it front to back or sideways.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    HOW will the safe travel to the house? Pickup truck, Box truck with lift gate, equipment trailer?

This is the first step in how to move it into the house. To me, this will dictate the equipment needed to transfer it from mode of transport to your house door and beyond.

If I were doing it at my house for example, it would be moved as close to the house as possible with this.

View attachment 445327
    We used one of the those the other day.
    Except it was a New Holland.
    Anyway, drove that sucker off the trailer right into the garage and up to the door then right on through by rolling it.
    Thing just made it with inches to spare.
    Had to let the air out of the tires.
    The safe was 900+ lbs they said.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    We used one of the those the other day.
    Except it was a New Holland.
    Anyway, drove that sucker off the trailer right into the garage and up to the door then right on through by rolling it.
    Thing just made it with inches to spare.
    Had to let the air out of the tires.
    The safe was 900+ lbs they said.
    Mine is a New Holland too.
    The biggest they make. 900lbs wouldn't make it even breathe heavy.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    This was a Lull style fork lift.
    My neighbor has it on his farm and rode over there to help.
    It would have been a tough row to how without it that’s for sure.
    Once it was in the house it was pretty easy. Some what easy.

If one of those things gets away from you they would smash you to bits for sure.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Mine was a little over 360 lbs. and in my trailer. A forklift put it in getting it out was a chore. I had to drive around the house to a walk out basement and only had 15 feet between the house and the hill. I actually had to disconnect the trailer and level it up on the hillside. Once lever I have a drop door on the trailer and used a pallet jack to get on to the entrance slab. Then I had to go up 5 inches and get it over the door entrance. Raised the pallet jack then used a refrigerator dolly to move it into position. Then drilled holes for 1/2" concrete anchors. I also then installed a dehumidifier bar in the safe to control humidity. The safe came with a predrilled hole for power. I then sealed the inside of the hole and outside of the hole with fire retardant silicone.
    safe.jpg

GCM56

MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2021
    Shoulder Dolly, rated for 800 lbs Search YouTube for plenty of videos

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Below is what I used to move my 500 lbs. safe (plus a couple of straps). It's available from Costco, and rated from 800-1000 lbs. In the 45 degree angle position moving that much is trivial, even for someone acting alone, as you don't have to worry so much about the weight getting away from you & tipping over. With four configurable positions, far and away it's the best hand truck / cart I've ever owned:

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    I built a small room in my garage, backed the trailer in, moved it 10 feet by dolly, bolted her to the floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom