• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I spoke to Councilman Scott Strong last night for a good while getting informed on what all this is about.

Like was stated earlier, it looks like they just want to keep this (ATF SALES) out of residential areas. More specifically Nottingham neighborhood which from what he told me is a "turf war" (my words, not his) going on about this, split about half & half in that neighborhood. It looks to be a direct result of the gentleman wanting the 01FFL (If that is the right one?), and from what I gathered there was some "give" from the Council, and it was apparently not good enough.

I have also heard from Crosswind/Gun Shack directly. They are okay with this Ordinance. It will effect NO existing firearms sales/retailers in Mt. Airy

I may still attend the meeting and speak my concerns about "legislating by fear", but Mr. Strong has assured me that is not the case, and I am also concerned how this may effect a FFL03 (C&R). I don't think it will because C&R is not conducting business.

I apologize if my previous posts have stirred up a hornets nest, but I was posting info as I got it and wanted to keep whoever cared informed. Sorry for making a bigger deal out of it than it now seems. (Not to say it shouldn't be opposed)

lonzo

Dec 8, 2015
    Moco
    Well, its their town and I dont have much of a say other than I wont be going up there for anything, anymore but thanks for the updates! Raineman

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom