• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Waz

SHAZAM!!!
    Dec 15, 2012
    Glen Burnie-ish
    You can swap out the forend assembly for a 500 slide tube and nut, which is what I did. It was ~$50 for the parts a few years back.

i think all post '08 manufactured mossbergs have the molded action slide tube forends now.

i had a hard time finding an affordable action slide tube assembly and nut just a few months ago.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    i think all post '08 manufactured mossbergs have the molded action slide tube forends now.

i had a hard time finding an affordable action slide tube assembly and nut just a few months ago.

Yeah, I know swapping the parts costs more than simply buying the 500 in the first place, but it's cheaper than selling a used 88 at a loss and THEN buying a 500.

Originally I wanted to use a pistol grip stock, so I went with the 88 because of the trigger guard-mounted safety. Over a few years I discovered I only like Mossberg with a standard stock, and prefer the tang safety (plus the ability to swap forends and mount optics out of the box). :shrug: live and learn... but it's the first gun I ever bought and will NEVER sell it.

I would like to get a Persuader or 590-A1 someday, but not until I get a Benelli M4 :D

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom