• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nov 14, 2010
    Kingsville, MD
    I know two people with them and they love them. One of them is trying to get rid of a Phoenix? pistol grip adj stock for one if anyone is looking. Pretty cheap.

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    Bought two for the boys to do a CCJA shotgun course. I thought the Mavericks were an excellent value.

tall.guy88

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2013
    West Virginia
    In my opinion I think the pardner pump is way better than the maverick when it comes to cheap shotguns. The pardner is solid as hell.

I hear ya Matt, the only problem is they are hard to come by. I just saw one of those in a Walmart Wed night. I went back with cash to buy it Thurs and it was gone. The Mavericks are easier to find and arent too bad in price.

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    Bought one in Nov.2012 for $179 @ Dicks. Does what it's intended to do...intimidate, and then, disperse the crowd if need be. Can't beat it for the money. It's well made and the bluing is top notch. Rack it and watch 'um run!!

I installed a recoil-reducing stock and a tactical light.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

benton0311

Feb 26, 2011
    I just bought one at Walmart for $200 a few weeks ago. It seems to be every bit as good as my Mossberg 500. I like the location of the safety much better. The forend has more play than the 500 since there is no action tube, just the forend over the magazine tube but it's not a big deal. The kicker is that the barrel is of much higher quality than my older (mid-90s) Mossberg 500 - better finish (no tool marks), better bluing, better vent rib, better mount/nut, and more steel around the chamber area.

Since I had two barrels for my Mossberg 500 I cut the lesser quality Mossberg barrel down to 18.3" and installed it on the Maverick. Now I have two shotguns setup for home defense and a nice, long trap/goose barrel to use on either one.

tall.guy88

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2013
    West Virginia
    I just bought one at Walmart for $200 a few weeks ago. It seems to be every bit as good as my Mossberg 500. I like the location of the safety much better. The forend has more play than the 500 since there is no action tube, just the forend over the magazine tube but it's not a big deal. The kicker is that the barrel is of much higher quality than my older (mid-90s) Mossberg 500 - better finish (no tool marks), better bluing, better vent rib, better mount/nut, and more steel around the chamber area.

Since I had two barrels for my Mossberg 500 I cut the lesser quality Mossberg barrel down to 18.3" and installed it on the Maverick. No I have two shotguns setup for home defense and a nice, long trap/goose barrel to use on either one.

Very Cool

:cool16:

tall.guy88

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2013
    West Virginia
    Bought one in Nov.2012 for $179 @ Dicks. Does what it's intended to do...intimidate, and then, disperse the crowd if need be. Can't beat it for the money. It's well made and the bluing is top notch. Rack it and watch 'um run!!

I installed a recoil-reducing stock and a tactical light.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thatll work. I think I will grab one.

:)

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Thumbs up, I've had one for years , it's a great gun .

Thumbs up. It was the first gun I ever bought, almost 10 years ago and it's still going strong. It's truly a great gun for the money. Hell it's even a great gun period. :)

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom