• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    No. No, he didn’t. Marx had nothing to do with setting up the system. He died in 1883.

Marx would never advocate a system where the bourgeoisie terrorized the proletariat with the likes of the KGB. I’m no advocate of Marxism, but most of what people call “Marxist” just isn’t.

Did you know Marx was a strong advocate of an armed working class?
    :nono:

What I was implying, is that most modern forms of communism are grounded at least nominally in Marxism, a theory and method conceived by Karl Marx during the 19th century. It was a seed planted back then, which has grown modern communism as it is today. Complete with authoritative governments and their ever watchful security apparatuses.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    You know actual history is not relevant. Everybody wants to rewrite it for you.
    Actual history is far scarier.
    :nono:

What I was implying, is that most modern forms of communism are grounded at least nominally in Marxism, a theory and method conceived by Karl Marx during the 19th century. It was a seed planted back then, which has grown modern communism as it is today. Complete with authoritative governments and their ever watchful security apparatuses.

They used Marxism as the bait in the bait and switch. Karl Marx himself was a loser, who didn't quite grasp that human nature and the desire to manipulate and control will never permit his ideas to be implemented in a way that would benefit the working class.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    A longstanding member of a Muzzleloader Gun Forum reported a disturbing experience today. He placed a typical order of black powder and caps from Graf & Sons a couple of weeks back. Many of us here do it regularly. Great shop. LONG HISTORY. Stand up folks. So Grafs shipped his order FedEx, signature required for Hazmat. No biggie. But, he wasn't there on delivery day. His wife was. FedEx not only required his wife to sign, but made her produce her driver's license which they scanned, and scanned her thumbprint. She was upset, and I'm sure is now in the ATF database. Her husband moreso when he heard. He called Grafs today and they were surprised.

Funny thing is I placed an order from them last week. They always deliver to me FedEx. I ignore the doorbell when home and our FedEx guy just leaves the package. BUT, I just got notice from Grafs today that they shipped my order UPS. First time. Maybe they are ditching FedEx until they get answers on this new intrusive shite.

These Marxists are pulling out all the stops.
    If she didn't feel comfortable she should have declined. I think I would have, but I know I'm on a list somewhere so maybe not.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    So, “Marxist” can be applied to anything that you wish to apply it to. Just like “Facist”
    Not everything. And I didn't come up with the title of this thread. Though, in a general sense, I was able to see the forest for the trees when OP used it.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Not everything. And I didn't come up with the title of this thread. Though, in a general sense, I was able to see the forest for the trees when OP used it.
    For some reason, lately the use of "Marxist" on our side irritates me a much as the use of "fascist" with the lefties.

Plus I have a pinched nerve in my neck that isn't letting me sleep, so I'm more irritable than is typical....

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    You know too much actual political science for your own good. Did you take any classes while you were in college? It was my wife’s minor; nothing gets by her either.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    You know too much actual political science for your own good. Did you take any classes while you were in college? It was my wife’s minor; nothing gets by her either.
    No, I never did take any poli-sci. Just read about it over the years. My 2A advocacy made me dive into some of the nuts and bolts. If you have an enemy, it is important to understand them.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    No, I never did take any poli-sci. Just read about it over the years. My 2A advocacy made me dive into some of the nuts and bolts. If you have an enemy, it is important to understand them.
    Well, this still probably makes you a racist, or something.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    It takes them a little time to make the Operation Eldest Son rounds so they needed some extra time to "Deliver".

Link:
    I remembered Eldest Son. Now you made me paranoid! IIRC, the parcel appeared to be properly sealed, but that's how such operations are carried out.

Maybe I'll get a table and sell them at a gun show? Maybe I'll offer them as karma or a door prize at the next meetup? :ohnoes:

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Large organizations, like the feds, have a hard time disseminating information. Proof of age is required for these purchases, capturing all your PI is just a marketing bonus.
    Not too long ago I was in Dahlgren at the Sheetz. Guy in front of me buys cigarettes with a credit card. Cashier scans his id for proof of age. Another marketing bonanza.
    In both instances, almost guarantee the response you would get is that the fed/state makes them do it.
    Yup, marketing BS. Since I spent over a decade working in the Congress I'm pretty good at sniffing out BS and backing people down. Not perfect, mind you, but still good at standing my ground.

Laws are getting tighter regarding protecting PII (personally identifiable information) and frankly, the less of my info out there, the better.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I remembered Eldest Son. Now you made me paranoid! IIRC, the parcel appeared to be properly sealed, but that's how such operations are carried out.

Maybe I'll get a table and sell them at a gun show? Maybe I'll offer them as karma or a door prize at the next meetup? :ohnoes:
    They would only booby trap one round in a case of ammo so you only need to worry about one. Pick one round at random and throw it away. If you have been a good boy and your Karma is strong that will be the bad round and all the rest will be OK. :clap:

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Yup, marketing BS. Since I spent over a decade working in the Congress I'm pretty good at sniffing out BS and backing people down. Not perfect, mind you, but still good at standing my ground.

Laws are getting tighter regarding protecting PII (personally identifiable information) and frankly, the less of my info out there, the better.
    And AI is getting smarter about finding PI and linking various sources to provide a more complete picture of you and your likely interests which means more targeted spam. Or it may just put us on more watch lists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom